08-29-2019, 09:07 AM   #4
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
More like 700hp+ but who's counting

The center bushing is oval, and so is the stock bushing. It is supposed to be installed horizontally, but I don't know the reason.
Maybe fitting reasons, that how far the front bushings are pressed in the frame can give variations in where the diff sits. But I've never had any problems with fitment in this place and the powerflex bushings I use (that have just a round hole). And I use a bolt that has a tighter fit in the core of the bushing than the normal bolts (I use a din 931 style 10.9 bolt which has a long piece of the shaft unthreaded and thicker)

Quote:
The melting is more excessive on the diff housing side than on the exhaust pipe side, thus I agree this is probably diff heat. I wonder if more fins would help...
Maybe more room has to be opened up inbetween the fins to stimulate airflow? I've never really looked at how efficient the airflow through the fins is apart from that I know about the cutout.
But its not uncommon for cars with that kind of power to have a diff cooler. (lots of diff cooler kits in the gtr scene)
But you have a serious heat problem. I wonder how hot it got inside the diff/oil
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
3GFX722.50