Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calichase
Hello,

I'm interested in just the backing and outlet combo (already have some oil coolers observing the inlets, but yours look great). I do have a quick question regarding printing material though.

What Material is used On the backing plate outlets? I just worry of a lower quality PLA melting when exposed to higher environmental temps from brake disc convection through the hub, and radiation into the wheel well. But hey! The brake cooling ducts should counteract this!

Thanks

Chase
Your concern is fully understandable. We use ASA as printing material and in some cases PETG, we never use PLA. I'm running my own kit on my BMW Z3 track car and have no issues. On the first kit I made for myself the bottom of the funnels for the backing plates were only 2 mm thick and the outmost edges would lift slightly from the heat. After I saw that I made them 5 mm thick instead, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore. I'm still running the 2 mm thick ones on my car so it's no problem either.

I have backing plates and funnels ready to ship instantly, it's the front bumper cooling ducts I don't want to print before payment is made.

I answered this here because Calichase's PM box is full and the answer can be usefull for all of you!
wdb4773.00
Calichase104.50