View Single Post
      03-03-2019, 04:08 PM   #17
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
A true E85 tune on an FI car makes a massive difference over a pump gas tune. Almost every FI car is knock limited, especially the high compression NA engines that have added aftermarket FI.

I would caution that you need to verify your injector duty cycle before moving to E85. I can say for a fact that a VT2-500 kit cannot run E85 without upsizing the injectors. I've heard ESS increased the size of their injectors on the VT2-525 kits they sell now, but I haven't personally confirmed. If you're looking to adapt this kit to a non-M, the VF kit on the 3.0i will run out of injector too. So... verify the injector duty cycle. Plenty of OBD apps are able to data log injector duty cycle.
VT2-525 injector is confirmed to run full e85 @ 8psi. An e46 m3 in my area made 550whp with 525 kit and AFD on the injectors provided in ESS Kit, he did have an in tank fuel pump installed.

I do totally agree with what you're saying in respect to e85 an FI, as I had my previous 135i tuned for full e85. But with the complicity of this MSS70 and sensitivity with FI applications this will provide something that's easier and the only flex fuel capability on the market at the moment, along with being reliable, safe, and has support from awesome guys over at AFD.
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 0