View Single Post
      02-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #113
Nikitas_Z4mcoupe
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
I have a very similar set up , although my track aero will slow it down . I will run my 20hz Vbox and get 100-200km/hr and 60-130mph on my a
zero slope testing road so no doubts about being downhill or actual gps speed . Using videos for time to speed is horrible for multiple reasons including speedometer error . With my gearing and stiff track suspension no point trying to launch it though lol. I may have 2 shifts for both 100-200 km and 60-130 mph because of my short gearing , so that will slow things down . I will say even with the aero I am hitting 3 mph more on the front straight 153mph GPS so she is running strong with the same 525 set up .
George you are right, for sure it’s not that accurate to do it with a stopwatch but it gives you a good indication what to expect if you do it on the same exact location and same conditions and of course not on a downhill!!! . Please take your readings and post the results, your car is a beast!!!!!!
Due to my gearing (3.91) I just have to change only one gear which definitely minimizes the possible error and makes it more consistent.
This particular video was taken with a passenger 85kg and half a tank of fuel.
Next days I will borrow a V-box from a friend and post the results, so we will know the exact 100-200km timing not having any doubts.

Today I had the chance to visit a local tuning shop owned by a good friend and we took the car out for some data logging on the streets.
AFR was 12.1 to 12.2 on the limiter with 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear and timing was maximized at 25 degrees.
My friend was amazed from how well the car has been tuned and how consistent was the AFR making almost a straight line.
ESS did an excellent job. Well done guys.
Below a picture from the data logging.

I have already asked him to provide me with all the data in detail for further discussion......
Appreciate 0