AriuSen
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick F. View Post
AriuSen,

Looks like you had a lot of fun--and you've definitely got loads of car control at this point!

All the same, it still looks like too much rear roll stiffness compared to the front. You were getting a lot of oversteer both with power and with trailing throttle entering the turns. The second half of your video looked smoother and better balanced--either because the sand had been cleared off the track or because your throttle application was smoother.

If it were me, I'd try a lower rear spring rate. Also, how are your rear suspension bushings? A sixteenth inch of static rear toe-in could turn into some toe-out if the bushings are worn and deflect a bunch. Just a thought.

Keep tuning and having fun!

Rick F.

PS--One other thought: This was a former drift car, right? Could the previous owner have made any other changes designed to encourage a ton of oversteer? Like a very stiff rear sway bar compared to the front? Or different suspension geometry? (The latter would probably require changes to the suspension pickup points, which would be pretty obvious.)
I really love your comments rick, please keep commenting lol.
About the bushings, The upper arm and trailing arm are solid bushings from turner.
and also have FCAB from superflex.
I am starting to beleive that solid bushing in the rear is helping the car oversteer more.....even though last owner build it for drift, all he did was install that drift ebrake and he didnt even do drifting lol
This saturday I am going with 1/8 toe in and also I will try a setting that will be good....if those doesnt work, I will change my spring rates again.
And even then, nothing works, I will have to bring you or someone else who owns a z4m to drive my car and see if my car is normal or if the driver (me) is not driving it properly lolol.

Funny how I drove an e46 after and I did 1 second faster....and that was all because I could go on gas much earlier on corner exit than my z4m. If I can just solve my corner exit oversteer, my car can be a monster!
Appreciate 0