View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #15
JefnZfl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 SMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post
I'm not old and I very much appreciate your rant. I constantly think about getting rid of my M, though I absolutely love it, in favor of an old Jag, Austin Healey, MGA, etc. (reliability be damned!). I'm just afraid of all the little and not so little irritating things that are going to go wrong if I own this car as long as I intend to, indefinitely. Too bad I can't quite, or shouldn't, afford anything that piques my interest enough to consider switching. Good luck with your issue, hope it gets sorted soon.
I hear ya, Im a big believer in the K.I.S.S. principle-Keep It Simple Stupid.
Too often we ignor this, an now you CANT get anything where this theory has been applied anymore. It honestly didn't take as long to check out of the grocery store in the old days with the old registers, an cash.

My big brother had an red MGA when I was a kid. what a lovely curved beauty, I remember the way it smelled. oil an leather. an the sound.
One grandfather was English and maybe that's why I like these roadsters.
I always had American muscle, but always admired wanted something like this. After many years I found I could afford a used one of these I said hell ya, lets do it. I set a price an looked at comparable rides. I also considered a vette or boxster but when I drove this, I bought it. that day. never drove any BMW or owned anything foreign. I thought the SMG unique an cool.
Appreciate 0