01-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #18
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
OMG - you should be driving the Merc!! Its worth it just for the thermonuclear heated seats!

Definitley snow tires on the car. Its a winter tire and rim package that the dealer offered when we picked up the car. Tires are Pirelli SottoZeros. Dunno how they compare to Blizzaks but if the Pirellis are crap, it shows just how good the 4Matic system is in the snow. And if you get studded snow tires, I expect you could almost scale vertical walls a la Spiderman LOL.

The air dam is low, yes. But unless you are ramming through deep heavy snow, with good sense and care, you should be okay. And besides, our salesman kept extoling the snow capabilities of this car so if the dam breaks (is there a joke here?), I'll insist that they address it under warranty.
Thanks. I've used Pirellis in the past and have been happy. I never went with the Blizzacks because I had a 110 mile commute and would burn through them too quickly. But now that my commute is 5 miles r/t, I think they'd be fine. Need to find a good wheel/tire package at Tire Rack. Wifey misses the heated seats.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0