View Single Post
      10-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #17
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

I read the technical specifications sheet of the KW V3 and how is the valve constructed to have damping and rebound characteristics based on how the springs load curve is drawn.
Based on this, I have made the conclusion that it is not recommended or healthy to change the curve in which the spring will accept load and rebounds.

You might argue that the highest load rate of the KW V3 spring is higher than the linear spring of swift's that you are choosing but that will bring you 2 problems:
1- this means that when the car is heavily loaded (bump or pothole(on compression phase)) the linear springs will bottom out since they are not providing the necessary rate at this compressed state.
2- this means that you will be needed to increase the compression and rebound of the shocks to avoid case 1, If you do that you will have a bad gripping mechanism on the street since the shocks are designed in the following way: the dampers will play the fishing game (loose when you need them to be loose and stiff when things get exciting (hard compression and rebound)) and this is designed to give you the highest tyre contact possible without compromising grip or comfort.

If you need track professional tracking coilovers, the KW V3 is not very suitable as they do have this valving pattern, you will need to go with clubsport.

If you need track only suspension, then you need moton or ohlins or such coilovers.

If i were you, i'd switch my KW V3 with clubsports or just learn to drive on the KW V3 with max results.
Appreciate 0