View Single Post
      10-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #38
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsclubs View Post
The ATS 2.0T manual comes with LSD standard. The auto needs magnetic ride control (MRC) suspension (FE3) to get LSD.

If the test car was in fact a Performance trim, it had LSD and standard sport suspension (FE2), not MRC. The suspension can still be adjusted, softer in touring mode, stiff in sport mode. In sport mode the FE2 suspension was too stiff. But in touring mode, the suspension controlled the body just as well, only the throttle was much less aggressive.

Yes the ATS chassis was amazing, nothing like it in this segment. I drove the 3.6, exhaust was also fantastic. The engine was less refined than the 3 series for sure.

The latest Insideline tested the same two cars. The F30 328i had better 0-60 (by 0.3s) and 1/4 mile, but the ATS had better slalom speed, skid pad lateral g, braking distance, and get this, better steering.
In one test the reviewer said that the ATS required one more shift in the 1/4 attributing to the slower time, but in that test the trap speeds were nearly the same, showing near same HP.

But that brings up the question, did Cadillac over state the HP/torque rating on this engine? If so, then how are they going to fix it?

Interestingly, I did a search in the Chicago area for an ATS 2.0.
I searched about 5 or 6 dealers and none of them had even a single 2.0 ATS.
There are more dealers, but I was very surprised that I couldn't even find one 2.0 and Cadillac expects the 2.0 to account for I think 50% of it's sales.

I wonder if Cadillac stopped 2.0 sales and/or pulled stock, and are looking into the power to performance disparity?

Cadillac claims to have more HP and torque compared to BMW's stated numbers. BMW's numbers have been confirmed as actually being greater that what is claimed. If Caddy's numbers don't hold up, they may have a problem like Ford did with one of it's Mustang Cobra's, and Mazda's issue with the RX8 not producing the stated power.

Anyone find any ATS 2.0's in their area?
Appreciate 0