View Single Post
      07-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Krissi and I are going to sign up. I'm eager to drive this track, and will probably do it before this event in the fall with BMWCCA or another outfit. Great price, and it looks like a fun track to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifto88 View Post
Lon is it safe to assume that those of us with no track experience must sign up under the "solo" class?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
Yes sir!

No worries. I will personally ride along with as many beginners as necessary to get them off on the right footing

They will be going slowly. Almost follow-the-leader pace, so it should be no big deal at all.
First, Lon, thank you for working to coordinate what is going to be a great day for Zpost members! Awesome!

I'm just a bit concerned about the Solo qualifications, and based on NCRC's rules, either you have an NCRC instructor in the car or you need to have completed Driving School with NCRC (or another outfit, like HOD, Trackmasters, NASA, or BMWCCA). It's on their web page at the top of the events listing, and also under the rungroup qualifications. I don't want to discourage folks--I love driving and driving on the track and think it would be great to get more folks out--but I don't want folks to not qualify either.

Mike, (or anyone else without track experience) I'd recommend you do a DS event with NCRC, HOD, or Trackmasters, or NASA at Thill (or Laguna) first. IMO you'll enjoy Laguna a lot more if you have some experience under your belt, and others will as well. That doesn't mean Lon can't share his track knowledge, far from it, but it will mean you'll be better able to absorb it and take it in.

Last edited by Finnegan; 07-17-2012 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0