United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
The car is staying in Dallas while I'm in Korea and then they'll ship it to Italy when I PCS to Italy. So once it's at the port, it's in their control.

As said above I will be asking around for private storage and other options. Thanks so much!
Hmm I recall a buddy of mine an Army CW3 who was PCSing to Germany in 07 or 08 who had a nice collection of Porsches and just bought a Cayenne and he told me he'd stored his cars longer term over many deployments/tours and had no problems. In fact I believe it was at military expense a few times as they're required to do so. He never had any problems and I believe that they are required as part of their bidding contract to maintain the vehicles to the manufacturers recommended standards for storage and perform all actions as stated from them/BMW/Porsche/etc. SO investigage this a little more as you shouldn't have to sell your car just because of orders....many do just for the ease and convience of the move and to minimized the pain and hassle of moving it and storing it but its not your only option (i.e. sell the car or maintain it below standards)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
The main thing about the battery tender is I honestly don't think I can keep it in the car, period. Money DOES talk and the people are fairly good about taking care of the military folk...BUT...ya know.

Trying to get a few other things sorted if possible at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
^todd, must be quite a lot of things going on to prepare for korea right now. maybe u could leave ur car with bill in austin as i'm sure he'd be more than happy to look after the car for u (and keep the engine in awesome running order at tt haha). i'm relocating to randolph but am not sure what happens after tt so i'm sorry i can't offer to look after ur m. i'd definitely get a car cover though if it's going in storage and being shipped to germany next year, and maybe instead of battery tender just look to swap batteries again?
Wish I could help you out but my garage and driveway are full now! Just recently added a sport bike and my wife would kill me even if it were just to babysit! LOL If you can find someone and space one thing I did do with my e92 M3 in 08 was to buy a solar power battery tender and then run it to the battery posts. Then I bought a very good car cover custom fitted good for UV/heat/Sun/rain/ice/any type of weather and put it in my drive and used bungie tie downs to secure the solar panel to my trunk. It charged my car for the length of my deployment 08-09 about 4.5 months and my wife got the duty of master car cover minder and battery tender and holder of the great ignition key and start button pusher every 2-3 weeks! Came home and car started fine...of course it was only about a lil short of 5 months but you're not the 1st to ever be in this position...any guys/gals in your unit can help you out? There's gotta be an anwser other than SELL the car or poorly maintain it! Rob
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0