ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
 
SwissArmy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 BMW z4 3.0i SMG
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Need help with Wiring

Complete n00b here with wiring.

For a project, I would like to fish some wire from the engine bay into the cabin (or vice versa).

Ideally towards either or both footwell/footwells.

2004 BMW z4 3.0i.

I want to know how I can do this. Thanks guys
SwissArmy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
 
SwissArmy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 BMW z4 3.0i SMG
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

I'm guessing through this?


Where does this go? To the glovebox/fusebox?

SwissArmy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2014, 01:35 AM   #3
antennahead
Captain
 
antennahead's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Charleston, South Carolina

Posts: 616
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissArmy View Post
I'm guessing through this?


Where does this go? To the glovebox/fusebox?

LOL. I'm reading this thread thinking "that pic really looks familiar" .......... duh! Yes, the other side of this is above the passenger foot well behind the fuse area, which is behind the glovebox, if I remember correctly. Once you fish the wire from the inside of the car, you can route it whever you want.

John
antennahead is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #4
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
 
SwissArmy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 BMW z4 3.0i SMG
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
LOL. I'm reading this thread thinking "that pic really looks familiar" .......... duh! Yes, the other side of this is above the passenger foot well behind the fuse area, which is behind the glovebox, if I remember correctly. Once you fish the wire from the inside of the car, you can route it whever you want.

John
Hahaha, thanks John

Took me a few searches and found your thread. Sorry for not asking to use that pic haha SOURCE

And thank you!!! That works perfectly!
SwissArmy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
antennahead
Captain
 
antennahead's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Charleston, South Carolina

Posts: 616
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissArmy View Post
Hahaha, thanks John

Took me a few searches and found your thread. Sorry for not asking to use that pic haha SOURCE

And thank you!!! That works perfectly!
No permission needed, I don't post stuff up in public that I would be concerned with someone using, but nice of you to apologize
antennahead is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #6
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
 
SwissArmy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 BMW z4 3.0i SMG
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
No permission needed, I don't post stuff up in public that I would be concerned with someone using, but nice of you to apologize


I've succcessfully got the wiring done thanks to you!

My super RICE mod is almost ready to be posted up here :P haha
SwissArmy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2014, 10:14 PM   #7
antennahead
Captain
 
antennahead's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Charleston, South Carolina

Posts: 616
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissArmy View Post


I've succcessfully got the wiring done thanks to you!

My super RICE mod is almost ready to be posted up here :P haha
antennahead is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2014, 01:12 AM   #8
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
 
StickMon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 MR
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lo-Cal

Posts: 1,396
iTrader: (0)

Super RICE mod?
Do tell.
__________________
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.
StickMon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2014, 07:09 AM   #9
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
 
SwissArmy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 BMW z4 3.0i SMG
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMon View Post
Super RICE mod?
Do tell.
Thread will be up tonight after work. A very simple but time staking mod :P
SwissArmy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #10
Skiddish
Z Editor
 
Drives: '08 TiAg Moupe
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 233
iTrader: (2)

My guess is lighting effect, either something for the wheel wells, underneath the car, or grill lit. Only things I can think of. Unless he went to go do a train horn or something silly, but at that point your looking at redneck not aznz.

Skiddish is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #11
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
 
SwissArmy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 BMW z4 3.0i SMG
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddish View Post
My guess is lighting effect, either something for the wheel wells, underneath the car, or grill lit. Only things I can think of. Unless he went to go do a train horn or something silly, but at that point your looking at redneck not aznz.

Ding ding ding! Tell em what he's won!

-->LINK<--
SwissArmy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST