ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
ericksZ4M
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

What do you think of this Z4M?

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering what you think of this Z4M ( http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1 ) or if you have any info on it? As far as the guy was telling me it's in good condition and is up to date on it's maintenance. I didn't get a chance to ask if inspection 2 has been done yet. Also, I'm aiming for this one ( http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1 ) but the sales person I've been contacting says it'll probably be sold tomorrow. Thanks for all the help in advanced!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Pretty high mileage on the first, but one owner if validated is good, assuming they maintained it.

Not much else one can tell from a listing. A PPI is, as always, recommended. It's the best money you can spend on the car. Just no way to tell by looking alone. It's a great negotiating tool too. Lets say the rotors are just about gone. That's good for knocking 1,000 - 1,400 off the price (4 rotors on the M will run 1k in parts alone, not counting pads or labor).
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Vertigo//SD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive28i (temporarily)

Buy my 2007 silver gray/imola red M roadster instead. 44K miles, inspection 2 scheduled to take place next Tuesday. 100% stock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericksblkz4 View Post
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering what you think of this Z4M ( http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1 ) or if you have any info on it? As far as the guy was telling me it's in good condition and is up to date on it's maintenance. I didn't get a chance to ask if inspection 2 has been done yet. Also, I'm aiming for this one ( http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1 ) but the sales person I've been contacting says it'll probably be sold tomorrow. Thanks for all the help in advanced!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
ericksZ4M
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

Thanks for the response Finnegan! Sent you a PM Vertigo. Anyone else have an opinion on the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Wow, the values of the roadsters seems to be well below that of the coupes. Interesting since they cost more when new.

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
tomhole
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Roadster

The coupes pop up a lot less on the autotrader sites. I have only seen a couple on there. Lots of roadsters for sale. I guess the folks that buy the coupes buy them and keep them more than the roadster.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughett View Post
Wow, the values of the roadsters seems to be well below that of the coupes. Interesting since they cost more when new.
~3000 Roadsters vs. ~1800 Coupes in the US so the Coupes are rarer. Also, you can track a Coupe with most if not all clubs, not so with the Roadster. In my ideal world I would also own a Coupe to track and all of my performance/suspension mods would be done to the Coupe.

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
elwesso
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

In my opinion the difference in mileage shouldn't be a factor, what should be is the condition and how well it was maintained. I'd rather have one with higher miles that was always highway driven, garaged, and well maintained than a low miles car that was driven in the city and the oil changed every 10k.

As said before, the only way to know for sure is a PPI if you're not comfortable with inspecting one yourself. This is definitely more important if you're not a DIYer.

Edit: The price looks pretty good on those if everything turns out good. I paid 26k for my 07 coupe with 49k miles on the clock. Might have been a little high but the body and interior is in fantastic condition and it was within 100 miles of my house, AND the dealer delivered it for free.
Appreciate 0