ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > Canada
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Gt4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 Estoril blue 6mt

Gtfour's BMW meet @ VAG Motorsport + funride to Tremblant *CANCELLED*

Due to the weather forecast for tomorrow, the meet will be cancelled. I will organize a meet/ride next spring instead.

Last edited by Gt4; 10-05-2012 at 04:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

Hope I can make it out
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Salut Marc,

J'aimerais bien y aller. Mais mes expériences dans ces rides de groupes n'ont pas toujours été bonnes. + il y a de voitures , plus c'est dangereux, plus il y a de ticounes, plus il ya de personnes perdues, plus il y a de la police, plus c'est difficile de garder une vitesse constante, etc

Une ride de 6 à 12 voitures est facile. En haut de ça, c'est moins plaisant. Just my 2 cents.

I will be there, at the start and in Tremblant but not sure if I will take the same route as the main group.

Thanks for organizing this.

PS The start is 12:30 PM , right? Check what you posted...

PPS By posting this in ZPost, you won't have a lot of people seeing it. I will link it in e90post's Montreal thread
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Gt4
Captain
Canada
Rep

^Thanks, didn't noticed I did the start at midnight... lol

You are right, when there is a lot of cars, the ride isn't as fun as 5-10 cars.

The first 2 meets I did were exclusive to ///M cars with 10-15 cars in the ride but a lot of people were pissed on the local forum because they had 3 or 5 series and couldn't come...

Anyway, we will have fun I am pretty sure.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtfour View Post
^Thanks, didn't noticed I did the start at midnight... lol

You are right, when there is a lot of cars, the ride isn't as fun as 5-10 cars.

The first 2 meets I did were exclusive to ///M cars with 10-15 cars in the ride but a lot of people were pissed on the local forum because they had 3 or 5 series and couldn't come...

Anyway, we will have fun I am pretty sure.

Of course people (without a M car) get pissed for having a drive for M cars only!
I dont know about you but im gonna talk about myself, the ///M badge on my car doesn't make me special or better than others who drive non-M cars or any car for that fact.

Anyways Thanks for organizing this meet/drive!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
Gt4
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
Of course people (without a M car) get pissed for having a drive for M cars only!
I dont know about you but im gonna talk about myself, the ///M badge on my car doesn't make me special or better than others who drive non-M cars or any car for that fact.

Anyways Thanks for organizing this meet/drive!
It has nothing to do with the people/driver of non-m car. It was the first time I organized those type of event in the past and it was easier to do it with 10-15 peoples rather than 60... I was simply trying to restrict the number of people, not somebody specific.

I have nothing against non-m driver and don't think I am a better person with an M badge on the trunk. If I want to organized something really big with the shop, I would do a Euro meet cause the garage (VAG) is a lot more about VW, Audi and Porsche.

When I organized the M meet only, non-m wanna come, now I organize a BMW meet and guys/friends with Porsche, Vette, VW, Honda, name it, wanna come... Than people told me I'm a BMW fanboy or a a****** when I told them it's BMW only...

It's kinda hard to please everybody and people in Montreal don't organized a lot of meet or ride for the BMW community other than meet at Orange Julep...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
It has nothing to do with the people/driver of non-m car. It was the first time I organized those type of event in the past and it was easier to do it with 10-15 peoples rather than 60... I was simply trying to restrict the number of people, not somebody specific.

I have nothing against non-m driver and don't think I am a better person with an M badge on the trunk. If I want to organized something really big with the shop, I would do a Euro meet cause the garage (VAG) is a lot more about VW, Audi and Porsche.

When I organized the M meet only, non-m wanna come, now I organize a BMW meet and guys/friends with Porsche, Vette, VW, Honda, name it, wanna come... Than people told me I'm a BMW fanboy or a a****** when I told them it's BMW only...

It's kinda hard to please everybody and people in Montreal don't organized a lot of meet or ride for the BMW community other than meet at Orange Julep...
Yea true and totally understand, but it should've been first 15 members who send u an email or something like that lol, idk.
Anyways, I'm not here to cause trouble. I misunderstood what u said and I apologize for what i said!!

See you on Saturday!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 04:42 AM   #8
Gt4
Captain
Canada
Rep

Edited First Post
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Too bad. Some of us on the e90post/Montreal thread will be organising a breakfast meet for tomorrow to replace your drive. You are more than welcome to come
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #10
Gt4
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Too bad. Some of us on the e90post/Montreal thread will be organising a breakfast meet for tomorrow to replace your drive. You are more than welcome to come
Can you post info about this breakfast meet in my thread on Montreal Racing forum? I'm sure a couple of people would be interested.

Too bad weather this fall isn't as good as the summer we just had! It would have been a nice ride with all the colors in the trees.

I will organize something next spring instead.

I won't be there tomorrow morning, I will work on the M Coupe during this rainy day.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Can you post info about this breakfast meet in my thread on Montreal Racing forum? I'm sure a couple of people would be interested.

Too bad weather this fall isn't as good as the summer we just had! It would have been a nice ride with all the colors in the trees.

I will organize something next spring instead.

I won't be there tomorrow morning, I will work on the M Coupe during this rainy day.
I am not a contributing member on Montreal Racing... heck I have no username and password.

The b-fast meet is just getting organized. The place and time hasn't been decided yet, although it's breakfast and it's tomorrow.
Appreciate 0