ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2008 M Roadster

Z4MR new to Michigan

Just moved here from DC. Any good roads to hit? Good shops? Potholes to miss

Will be driving it up next weekend from DC, the uhaul trip up was beautiful can't wait to drive it in my M

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
DEG
Private
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4 MR

Welcome to Michigan!! What part of Michigan did you move to? Well, since our "great leaders" in Lansing decided to go on summer break without deciding how to fund road construction... nothing major is going to get done. What a bunch of idiots. Anyway, the interstates are "better" but the rest of the roads can range from great to down right treacherous. I'm over on the east side of the state about 60 miles north of Detroit...Davison, Mi. I don't DD my car, but when i do there are certain stretches of road that I avoid. Because of the harsh winter, the potholes are now in the middle of the road as opposed to just the edges. Most are filled in now, but now you have to drive over some pretty rough patches. Hope this helps... Maybe we can meet up this summer.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #3
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep

Definitely. I just moved to Livonia for a job. So far so good, mine is a daily driver for now until I get an accident the wifey had sorted out. I have seen the potholes, some are downright scary Thanks for the reply

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
DEG
Private
Rep

You were asking about recommended shops...I've heard good reviews about Nikolas Motorsport in Sylvan Lake. After you get settled, shoot me a PM, I would love to hear your Stromung's.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep

I was at the Lingenfelter cars and coffee last Saturday. Thinking about heading up there again this next Saturday. Interested in meeting up?

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
DEG
Private
Rep

Just sat down and was able to read your post. Been out of town on vacation from 6/21-6/29 (Cruise to Alaska). Turned around on 7/3 and went up to Ludington for the 4th weekend. If I would have been in town, I would like to have met at the cars and coffee. If it ever occurs in the future and you plan on going, let me know and we can meet. How did the Inspection II go?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #7
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep

Actually went well, only three of the Vanos shims had to be replaced. The dealership was clean, service advisor very friendly and my beast is enjoy all of the fluid swap out and new brakes . Would definitely meet up, nice to know another Z owner. Actually met another Z4MR owner he had a blue Interlagos 2007. First Z I have seen here in MI(besides mine of course) let mt e know when you have some time to meet up for some cars and coffee.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #8
DEG
Private
Rep

Glad they did a good job on your Inspection II. I should be available for any of the upcoming weekends for the next cars and coffee. Let me know when and where and I will do the best that I can to get there.
Appreciate 0