ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #23
ga41
Lieutenant
 
ga41's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Paphos

Posts: 446
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
interestingly it looks like ess has made the case intake quite abit smaller.... i hope this isnt a cost saving measure..... i prefur the old intake, with the clear throttle body bulges, sharper edges and just general bigger size. Interesting decision ESS.....
That is interesting indeed. Would like to hear the reason, if any for it.
__________________
ga41 is offline   Cyprus
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #24
Roman@ESS
 
Roman@ESS's Avatar
 
Drives: ESS Supercharged E92 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AZ

Posts: 2,587
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga41 View Post
That is interesting indeed. Would like to hear the reason, if any for it.
We have updated the S54 manifold to a slimmer design that has trimmed some extra weight off. Inside the manifold volume has not changed much and performance is exactly the same as the older sytle. Other changes include updated fittings for the hoses to allow for a better seal and a better finish for a cleaner overall look. This change was the opposite of saving money as it actually cost us quite a bit to redesign but we have been wanting to update it for a couple years and finally got around to it.
__________________
Web: www.esstuning.com
Email: Roman@esstuning.com
Phone: (480) 525-9155
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram esstuning
Roman@ESS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #25
ga41
Lieutenant
 
ga41's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Paphos

Posts: 446
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
We have updated the S54 manifold to a slimmer design that has trimmed some extra weight off. Inside the manifold volume has not changed much and performance is exactly the same as the older sytle. Other changes include updated fittings for the hoses to allow for a better seal and a better finish for a cleaner overall look. This change was the opposite of saving money as it actually cost us quite a bit to redesign but we have been wanting to update it for a couple years and finally got around to it.
Thanks for clarifying that Roman, it's good to have info like that out there.
__________________
ga41 is offline   Cyprus
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 02:35 AM   #26
Beedub
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 3,860
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga41 View Post
Thanks for clarifying that Roman, it's good to have info like that out there.
yeah thanks for that info..... im pleased to have the older larger intake.... think it looks nicer, if performance is unchanged then it makes no difference, i thought the less volume would cause some downside but clearly not!! i guess ive always been in the mindset that the more air the intake can hold the better...... maybe in forced induction this doesnt apply.........


roman i find the hotspot for boost leaks around the intercooler pipe work mostly no so much the intake which on mine at least had knerlings for the silicone pipework. Great to see ESS making changes but i think design wise they could have done something more to stand out from the crowd......maybe a custom painting option or something.... myaybe different type of BOV flanges like tial ect ect.
__________________
Pristine Bi-colour Ti /Bsm...z4m roadster Ess vt2-500....Perfection on wheels.

Last edited by Beedub; 08-23-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Beedub is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST