ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #89
Beedub
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 3,923
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronZ4M View Post
This is AFR reading after the car wormed up. I dont really know if the car running smooth on 95 octane is it lean or rich.



I'll post the other videos I'm uploading right now.
i need to see AFRs @ wide open throttle @ redline to make an evaluation, for idle what your seeing is bang on :-)

@ WOT you want 11.3.11.8ish for a nice safe fantastic running car with lots of safety margin.......

anything under 11 is too rich, anythink over 12.5 is imo to lean... our engine do make good power in the 12s but i like the leway mid 11s gives you.
__________________
Pristine Bi-colour Ti /Bsm...z4m roadster Ess vt2-500....Perfection on wheels.

Last edited by Beedub; 12-02-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Beedub is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #90
IronZ4M
First Class M
 
IronZ4M's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saihat

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
i need to see AFRs @ wide open throttle @ redline to make an evaluation, for idle what your seeing is bang on :-)

@ WOT you want 11.3.11.8ish for a nice safe nice running car with lots of safety margin.......

anything under 11 is too rich, anythink over 12.5 is imo to lean... our engine do make good power in the 12s but i like the leway mid 11s gives you.
I'm uploading the video now but what I saw while running to a full throttle minimum went to 11.7-12.2 almost.

let me tell you an issue I faced last week while testing the car. car was DSC on second gear I pushed the throttle all the way down and DSC was activating to the red line becoz the car is snipping in second alot. that moment one of the coils fail I drove it about 2km going home to check what really happened and without any sign the coil works!!! alot of thinks I'll be checking.
__________________

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
IronZ4M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #91
IronZ4M
First Class M
 
IronZ4M's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saihat

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
iron, hpf uses a different oil for their turbo applications..........
Look at this Beedub. this's chris HPF saying that is the correct Oil is 60W for HPF cars.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=569044
__________________

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
IronZ4M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #92
IronZ4M
First Class M
 
IronZ4M's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saihat

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
__________________

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
IronZ4M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #93
Beedub
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 3,923
iTrader: (0)

iron, The car is running perfectly...... AFRs are bang on........ dont worry about them skipping and jumping around on the way up the rev range, your looking for that last number @ the last few drops of revs, i saw a high 11 which is bang on, right in the right range and still with safety left on the table.......

the car looks FAST...... Breaking loose like that in 2nd gear at the TOP of the rev range is serious!!! i can FEEL the TQ..... thats where these ASA blowers kick ass TQ rich mofos..... very very nice!!

Re your other issue, i dont think you have a bad coil, once they go bad they are always Bad, maybe you fitted one incorrectly as i noticed g power supplied a new set of spark plugs.....
__________________
Pristine Bi-colour Ti /Bsm...z4m roadster Ess vt2-500....Perfection on wheels.
Beedub is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #94
johanness
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 Z4MC
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle, Vancouver

Posts: 1,741
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
Breaking loose like that in 2nd gear at the TOP of the rev range is serious
What he said. Nice ROCKET you've got there
johanness is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #95
IronZ4M
First Class M
 
IronZ4M's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saihat

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
iron, The car is running perfectly...... AFRs are bang on........ dont worry about them skipping and jumping around on the way up the rev range, your looking for that last number @ the last few drops of revs, i saw a high 11 which is bang on, right in the right range and still with safety left on the table.......

the car looks FAST...... Breaking loose like that in 2nd gear at the TOP of the rev range is serious!!! i can FEEL the TQ..... thats where these ASA blowers kick ass TQ rich mofos..... very very nice!!

Re your other issue, i dont think you have a bad coil, once they go bad they are always Bad, maybe you fitted one incorrectly as i noticed g power supplied a new set of spark plugs.....
I'll tape that issue on video to make it clear for ya. I had the issue again today after I made the 300km. the time I lift my foot off the Gas it turn into a car have to be tuned again I switch it off for a while and then switch on again running perfect donno what is exactly . I must get a solution for this issue will tell G-Power about it. Actually, G-Power sent for us a form to fill it for any issue we are facing. we will test the other car and we will make comparison. Dyno runs probably will make them after 2 weeks I have alot of work to do. will update you guys of all what is new
__________________

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
IronZ4M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #96
ZStig
Major General
 
Drives: VT2-500 M Roadster
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delray Beach, FL

Posts: 7,181
iTrader: (3)

really cool video. car sounds great, and looks quick!


I replaced my coils with ones from Bavauto.com, they're not too expensive and they give me extra safety and peace of mind
__________________
ZStig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #97
Beedub
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 3,923
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
really cool video. car sounds great, and looks quick!


I replaced my coils with ones from Bavauto.com, they're not too expensive and they give me extra safety and peace of mind
are they better than stock?? The stock units are very good on our cars....
the okada coils are money object and are supposed to be the best of the best..... sadly ess told me my warranty is viod if i add them..... kinda a cop out if you ask me, i can only see the car running better???
__________________
Pristine Bi-colour Ti /Bsm...z4m roadster Ess vt2-500....Perfection on wheels.
Beedub is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #98
IronZ4M
First Class M
 
IronZ4M's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saihat

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
A cold start video if you could listen carefully or use a headphone you may hear some miss firing. when it's so cold you can hear it very well I'll make another video to make it clear.

__________________

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
IronZ4M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #99
IronZ4M
First Class M
 
IronZ4M's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saihat

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
really cool video. car sounds great, and looks quick!


I replaced my coils with ones from Bavauto.com, they're not too expensive and they give me extra safety and peace of mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
are they better than stock?? The stock units are very good on our cars....
the okada coils are money object and are supposed to be the best of the best..... sadly ess told me my warranty is viod if i add them..... kinda a cop out if you ask me, i can only see the car running better???
we checked the coils today using a ammeter and found that they are alright. we'll get contact with G-Power to solve this issue. In the Other hand the car is a full monster
__________________

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
IronZ4M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #100
Beedub
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 3,923
iTrader: (0)

nahh definatly not a bad coil..... as your kit runs a MAF id like to wager this b eing MAF related.....

if not maybe the tunes off slightly.....
__________________
Pristine Bi-colour Ti /Bsm...z4m roadster Ess vt2-500....Perfection on wheels.
Beedub is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #101
ZStig
Major General
 
Drives: VT2-500 M Roadster
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delray Beach, FL

Posts: 7,181
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
are they better than stock?? The stock units are very good on our cars....
the okada coils are money object and are supposed to be the best of the best..... sadly ess told me my warranty is viod if i add them..... kinda a cop out if you ask me, i can only see the car running better???
probably better than stock. I picked up a few hp in the mid-range, but it could have been my boost leak fix
__________________
ZStig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #102
IronZ4M
First Class M
 
IronZ4M's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saihat

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
nahh definatly not a bad coil..... as your kit runs a MAF id like to wager this b eing MAF related.....

if not maybe the tunes off slightly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
probably better than stock. I picked up a few hp in the mid-range, but it could have been my boost leak fix
I think that what I'm facing is tuning maybe. guys did you change your car fuel filter when you've got your cars supercharged. HPF car always face a troubles cozed by fuel filter. My car now has 26k KM and I never changed it .

Another thing did anybody use the Water/methanol injection kit. any experience? I could remember one of the Z's had that kit.
__________________

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
IronZ4M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #103
Beedub
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 3,923
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronZ4M View Post
I think that what I'm facing is tuning maybe. guys did you change your car fuel filter when you've got your cars supercharged. HPF car always face a troubles cozed by fuel filter. My car now has 26k KM and I never changed it .

Another thing did anybody use the Water/methanol injection kit. any experience? I could remember one of the Z's had that kit.
im still on the orginal pump and filter but my car only has 10k miles.... when the filter needs changing, im going to swapout to a high flow pump as well....

You cant run meth/water injection on your car as you need an air to Air intercooler..... you for you'd have to plumb it directly to your intake manifold which would mean youd need completely new Meth injection tune which is a completely different game......

see my thread on meth injection :-) us ESS guys are using water/meth injection and seeing HUGE gains, one guy got 485 WHEEL horspower!! thats over 550 @ the crank!!! serious gains.....
__________________
Pristine Bi-colour Ti /Bsm...z4m roadster Ess vt2-500....Perfection on wheels.
Beedub is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #104
IronZ4M
First Class M
 
IronZ4M's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saihat

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
im still on the orginal pump and filter but my car only has 10k miles.... when the filter needs changing, im going to swapout to a high flow pump as well....

You cant run meth/water injection on your car as you need an air to Air intercooler..... you for you'd have to plumb it directly to your intake manifold which would mean youd need completely new Meth injection tune which is a completely different game......

see my thread on meth injection :-) us ESS guys are using water/meth injection and seeing HUGE gains, one guy got 485 WHEEL horspower!! thats over 550 @ the crank!!! serious gains.....
which high flow pump you will get? I got tired looking for a high performance pump. yeh that a huge gain really. actually my question was do I have to get the car tuned again? or it's just like the NOS setup? I checked AEM Kit and there was something called also Water/Methanol FAILSAFE Device. That made me afraid I dont like this kind of things but it really make a gain.
__________________

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
IronZ4M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #105
Beedub
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 3,923
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronZ4M View Post
which high flow pump you will get? I got tired looking for a high performance pump. yeh that a huge gain really. actually my question was do I have to get the car tuned again? or it's just like the NOS setup? I checked AEM Kit and there was something called also Water/Methanol FAILSAFE Device. That made me afraid I dont like this kind of things but it really make a gain.
well as HPF are now doing turbo kits for our cars and are making 600whp minium and they have a complete drop in fuel pump, i think they use walbro? or bosch 044? drop them an email and report back ;-)

to get the car tuned again, youd need to to either send the ecu back or get it to a Roling road to do a live tune, they will hook up numerous sensors and iron out any issues.... im sure G-power will hook you up, thats the only problem with OUR cars, if something goes wrong, its an asswipe to get sorted......
__________________
Pristine Bi-colour Ti /Bsm...z4m roadster Ess vt2-500....Perfection on wheels.
Beedub is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #106
IronZ4M
First Class M
 
IronZ4M's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saihat

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
well as HPF are now doing turbo kits for our cars and are making 600whp minium and they have a complete drop in fuel pump, i think they use walbro? or bosch 044? drop them an email and report back ;-)

to get the car tuned again, youd need to to either send the ecu back or get it to a Roling road to do a live tune, they will hook up numerous sensors and iron out any issues.... im sure G-power will hook you up, thats the only problem with OUR cars, if something goes wrong, its an asswipe to get sorted......
Does the M3 have the same fuel pump as our cars? the only trouble now if we are facing an issue it's really hard to get it fixed by G-Power. I really like the inside rolling tuning ( Live Tune ) but now our situation we have to solve our issues by our selves.
__________________

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
IronZ4M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #107
IronZ4M
First Class M
 
IronZ4M's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saihat

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Today we checked the car using our DIS it's BMW diagnose tool. actually so many faults we saw and we clear them up. I had a miss fire in cylinder #5 and mixture fault in some of the cylinders. I'm going to make a full report to send it for G-Power. here is some of the pic's I took a fast ones.


DSC_00102 by Saihati Shabiboo, on Flickr


DSC_00122 by Saihati Shabiboo, on Flickr

This is what we saw probably something wrong in cylinder #4.


DSC_00142 by Saihati Shabiboo, on Flickr


DSC_00152 by Saihati Shabiboo, on Flickr

In fact, I have no idea what that is.
__________________

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
IronZ4M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #108
Beedub
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 3,923
iTrader: (0)

omg...... welcome to the world of FI on a car that was never meant to be FI, id clear the codes and see what comes back............

that is ALOT of differing info and i think you need to talk with g-power... they will sort these issues.... but as your car ran fine before the kit its definatly tune related....... funny thing is your not getting a CEL???

Re the pumps i believe they are the same as the e46 m3.... or at least the intank section is which is the bit were changing.....

your garage is awesome!! so jealous of that space.
__________________
Pristine Bi-colour Ti /Bsm...z4m roadster Ess vt2-500....Perfection on wheels.
Beedub is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #109
Beedub
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 3,923
iTrader: (0)

can you shoot some complete engine pics??? we never got to saw it all buttoned up!!
dont worry iron.... these are minor issues and will be easily sorted......
__________________
Pristine Bi-colour Ti /Bsm...z4m roadster Ess vt2-500....Perfection on wheels.
Beedub is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #110
IronZ4M
First Class M
 
IronZ4M's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saihat

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
can you shoot some complete engine pics??? we never got to saw it all buttoned up!!
dont worry iron.... these are minor issues and will be easily sorted......
will do
__________________

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
IronZ4M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST