ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
MontereyZ
Rep
Drives: None-yet

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0i  [7.00]
How to remove lower front for headlight removal

Are there any instructions available for removing the lower front fascia so I can remove the headlights? I would like to mod them and add a DRL to the dummy (the light, not me). My car is an 06 Z4 3.0i with Zenons.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
nickpapa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

http://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1071

really simple procedure.

the hardest part in my opinion was getting those stupid fender well clips out in step 1. mine did not want to budge so i ended up breaking them off and replacing them with new ones. they were like 50 cents each. once those things are off the rest is pretty simple

also just a heads up, if you plan on opening your headlights to do any mods to it, unfortunately there is no way of seperating them without cutting the clear plastic from the back plastic. they do not come apart with a heat gun or sticking them in the oven like most headlights do. just giving you a heads up so you dont waste your time trying to get them apart
Appreciate 0