ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
HateRain
Rep
Drives: BMW 540

WTT: My 540 for a Z4 M ............

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
It's very simple.... I just don't need a 4-door car to be my fair weather garage queen. I'm looking at selling her to purchase a smaller car to be my fair weather car. I'm thinking that perhaps someone here is in the opposite position and needs are larger car for work or family.

What I am looking for is a Z4 M. I would prefer the coupe but would consider a convertable. 6-speed is a must. Looking to find someone who has cared for their Z4 in the same way I have cared for my 540.

My car is a 1997 540 that is in showroom condition. I am the second owner. I purchased it back in 2002 as a CPO from BMW of Bridgeport. It does not get driven in any rain or snow and has 60K miles. I just won "Best 4-door Sedan" at a CT BMWCCA show.

My car has been very very well cared for. I am an "Old School Maintenance" guy (I dont believe in BMW's maintenance schedule). I have a detailed maintenance history for all oil, transmission and differential fluid changes, brake fluid flushes, coolant flushes, brakes, fuel filter, etc. I also have detailed records for general repairs.

As you can see by the photos below, I also have a long list of tastfull mods that have made my 540 very unique. This car came stock with 297HP. By adding a Dinan CAI, Dinan Stage 2 Software and a custom Eisenmann exhaust, my car dyno'd at 315HP and 341TRQ.

I have also installed a Z3 short shifter along with a ZHP weighted shift knob and new shift boot from Leather Z (the first couple of pics show the factory set up before the change). This was one of the best mods I have ever done. The shifting throw is greatly reduced and the weighted knob provides a nice solid feel (should have come from the factory like this).

Also shipping to me (today) from Dinan is a new Dinan\JRZ suspension (springs and dampers) which I will install. If anyone knows about suspensions, this is one of the best street performance suspensions on the market for the E39. I do not track my car, so this set up offers the best in street comfort and improved performance. Already installed are the front and rear Dinan sway bars.

In addition to being a maintenance freak, I am also a clean freak. I wash, polish and wax my baby all the time. Engine bay is always spotless. Leather is cleaned and conditioned twice a year. Door, hood and trunk jambs and squeaky clean.

If anyone has any interest let me know. You can reply to this post or my direct email is mark@dog-office.com If you want you could also call me at 203-606-9652.

Thanks for looking.......

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
Cruiser565
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4, 2004 545i SMG

Is that a trade PLUS cash or a straight trade?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
HateRain
Rep

I'm sure it would work out to be a trade plus cash.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
HateRain
Rep

Bump....

New Dinan springs and JRZ dampers installed
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
HateRain
Rep