ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #23
Skelekitty
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '07 Imola Red Z4 MCoupe

Garage List
2007 M Coupe  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e for effort View Post
Jewelers epoxy would work great on either plastic or metal! By the way, I still have a set of RPi skid plates waiting for you. :P
You do?!?!! You know, I think Finnegan *did* tell me about those and I got really excited! Do you have his # to text him? Wait. I have an idea (it happens). I'll send you our contact info in a PM.

Eisenmann Sport Exhaust | RE X-Pipe | RE Transmission Mounts & Clutch Stop | CF Spoiler | Strong Strut | Ultimate Pedals | CDV Delete | Turner Camber Kit
Skelekitty is offline   United_States
      08-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #24
e for effort
Rolling Republic

Drives: M Coupe

Yeah I told him this about a month ago, but I haven't gone to ES the past couple times. Too out of the way for me hah!
      07-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #25
GRLPWR
Lieutenant

Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Old thread, but nevertheless an AWESOME one! I recently "lost" one of my roundels and so I'm taking this opportunity to create a custom one. I've laid out the design and looking forward to building it. THANK YOU for posting this. BTW, how did the center caps come out? Also, did you change the emblem on the steering wheel? If so, how?
GRLPWR is offline   United_States
      09-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #26
Gas Monkey

Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe

I want a star wars roundel, this may be the route I have to take, I contacted rvinyl for the easy option but they said they don't have proprietary rights to sell the stuff boooooooooo
      09-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #27
GRLPWR
Lieutenant

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Monkey View Post
I want a star wars roundel, this may be the route I have to take, I contacted rvinyl for the easy option but they said they don't have proprietary rights to sell the stuff boooooooooo
I'm having the same problem too. I was trying to find someone to print on vinyl but, because I am using just an outline of the BMW logo, they won't do it. I've attempted to create the roundels myself (see my avatar), but I'm having problems w/water seeping in the crease and causing water stains on the decal - and that's AFTER having sprayed a few layers of clear coat over the original sheet then a few more layers once I put the roundel back together. I'm hoping the OP still checks this thread and can give some suggestions......HELP!
      11-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #28
cvannurden
BMW Rookie

Drives: White 328xi

Custom Roundels

This is super interesting! I am curious, though - How does the print hold up to direct sunlight over time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRLPWR View Post
I'm having the same problem too. I was trying to find someone to print on vinyl but, because I am using just an outline of the BMW logo, they won't do it. I've attempted to create the roundels myself (see my avatar), but I'm having problems w/water seeping in the crease and causing water stains on the decal - and that's AFTER having sprayed a few layers of clear coat over the original sheet then a few more layers once I put the roundel back together. I'm hoping the OP still checks this thread and can give some suggestions......HELP!
cvannurden is offline   United_States
      11-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #29
Finnegan
Major General

Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc

Your best bet if you want the OP to add to this would be to send a PM. They haven't post in this thread for quite awhile.
Finnegan is offline   United_States
      11-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #30
GRLPWR
Lieutenant

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvannurden View Post
This is super interesting! I am curious, though - How does the print hold up to direct sunlight over time?
Although not in direct sunlight, the center caps I created have held up pretty well (since the beginning of August). They're just now showing signs of water stains. I've bought some clear vinyl that I'm going to attempt to use over the custom roundel - hopefully that will fix my problem w/o being too bulky once I put them back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan
Your best bet if you want the OP to add to this would be to send a PM. They haven't post in this thread for quite awhile.
I've tried that (I think, been a while now). I'll try it again. Wasn't sure if he was even up here anymore.