ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-26-2018, 07:41 PM   #1
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

41k 2006 Z4M Roadster in Bay Area

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
After over 3 years of joyful ownership, I'm now looking for a new home for my 2006 Z4MR. I bought the car in late 2014 from BMW of Colorado Springs with 27k on the clock, and it now shows a hair less than 41k miles.

During my ownership the car has been exclusively serviced by German Performance Service in Boston, which is run by Marc Feinstein who was Turner Motorsport's crew chief and race engineer for years (and knows the S54 inside and out). Annual oil changes (appx every 4k miles), etc.

The car is Imola on black, and has the typical options (premium pack, nav, heated seats, AUX, ...), as well as an OEM hard top. The only mod is the addition of RPI exhaust.

Summary:

2006 Imola on black Z4MR
41k miles
Factory hardtop
RPI exhaust (OEMs come with the car)
OEM mesh windblocker
New OEM floor mats
Clean CarFax

Price: $22K without the hardtop and RPIs, or $25K including everything.

Disclosures:

1) There are a few scratches (not deep), namely (a) on both rear quarter panels, and (b) on the tip of the nose from my fiance's car when she bumped mine while parking on our tandem spot. Photos below. Both front bumper fangs are also scratched at the bottom (pics below).

2) The rear right tire has road damage to the sidewall. This wasn't serious enough to get a replacement tire under warranty, so I didn't change the tire at the time but may need to be addressed by the new owner (pics below).

The car is located in East Bay, and you're more than welcome to arrange for a PPI/come see it in person.

I'll add more interior photos (and the tire damage) by tomorrow.

Attached Images

Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 06-01-2018 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 07:43 PM   #2
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep

Additional photos of the rear passenger side tire and bumper.
Attached Images

Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 06-02-2018 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 02:46 PM   #4
Roadroach
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si coupe w/stick

That stereo head unit looks factory - but not like any other that I've seen in a z4. Is it oem?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Ditto on the stereo -- what is that thing.

The tires will have to go no matter what. They're all seasons.

I want a roadster, not sure at the moment just which manufacturer, but they're all German. This one is very handsome and in the running, although my timeline may be too long. Free bump and good luck! These are fearsome beasts.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
PLCZ4MC
Proud E86M Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe Monaco Blue

For the stereo, I believe this is consider a “BMW Z4 business navigation system” but I could be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #7
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadroach View Post
That stereo head unit looks factory - but not like any other that I've seen in a z4. Is it oem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLCZ4MC View Post
For the stereo, I believe this is consider a “BMW Z4 business navigation system” but I could be wrong.
It's a head unit that was offered in the EU (and I believe in Japan). I have an android nav fitted but will return back to the OEM setup before sale (kept all the original parts).

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=65_1206
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 06:56 PM   #8
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Ditto on the stereo -- what is that thing.

The tires will have to go no matter what. They're all seasons.

I want a roadster, not sure at the moment just which manufacturer, but they're all German. This one is very handsome and in the running, although my timeline may be too long. Free bump and good luck! These are fearsome beasts.
Thanks!

I moved to the Bay Area from Boston recently, and the car was in winter storage before the move so I didn't bother changing the tires (and figured whoever buys this in CA would want to switch to summer or DWs anyway).

In this price range, you can't go wrong with these cars. I recently bought an R8, and in the process test drove a couple of Aston Martins, but still feel like there's something missing in the driving experience compared to the M. Wrote a post about it in the top forum a couple of weeks back.

Let me know when you get close to a decision. I'm not in a rush to sell, so it may still be available
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #9
fusionchicken
Captain
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
In this price range, you can't go wrong with these cars. I recently bought an R8, and in the process test drove a couple of Aston Martins, but still feel like there's something missing in the driving experience compared to the M. Wrote a post about it in the top forum a couple of weeks back.
Yep, nothing is quite like the Z4M, after having driven several Porsche variants my opinion remains unchanged. GLWS!
Appreciate 0