ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-22-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
Aebous
The Rambler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 3.0l Z4 sports package

Talking Drove up to Lake Mead...(56k Warning lotsa topless pics inside)

Hopefully the pics work for ya'll as i'm linking em from myspace (read lazy to upload to a real photo host site) anyways...

Had a blast, no spirited driving, mostly just cruising. Was for the most part uneventfull aside from the picture taking. For the most part.....Some idiot in a red car thought it's ok to pass in the middle of a curve, unfortunatly I was in her way. Luckily for me I was only doing 10 over the speed limit had sport mode on, basically I applied the brakes quite hard and maneuvered the vehicle to the extreme right shoulder. Said action resulted in a squelch of tires and a puckering of certain anatomical parts that i'll not name here. I reckon I swerved enough (and she did too apparently) so we missed each other thank god. It would of been damn near head on with me doing around 60mph. When I realized we didn't pile up I was at 40mph so yeah great brakes. I dunno if she swerved to avoid me while i was getting the car over. I don't know how much I missed her by as it's not a good idea to fixate on things as you come close to them or passing....the whole look where you want to go thing.
But yeah I puckered up, thank god I drive with both hands on the wheel for better handling when racin-er emergency situations.

A few questions, do ya'll also find it difficult to stop taking pictures of your cars?
What do ya'll keep in the trunk?
What do ya'll recommend for first cheap upgrade/mod?
With that said, here is a few pics, don't worry I'll be removing that carmax BS tommorow.

Not so final thoughts: I still can't believe I got the car and technically it's mine. Brings a smile to my face.

Last edited by Aebous; 07-22-2007 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: Darn duplicate pics
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 03:34 AM   #2
IQ-Man
Beer Engineer
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 supercharged, Movit Brakes

Beautiful pics! How far away from Las Vegas is this lake??

You're looking for a mod? Why? The car looks perfect as it is!

On occasion... could you take some pics in front of the bellagio, too?

www.Z4Racing.de
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
soeharyo
lettuce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

your Z4 is beautiful... that's an understatement.

I love the last picture the most.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #4
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3,0 si TITANIUM SIlVER

Nice pics. Thank you for sharing!

I always have a camera with me , a tire patch kit, fix-a-flat, compressor, water, tri pod, micro fiber towels and some quick detailer, glass cleaner.

For the first mod, since you have an 03, IMHO I would get a HP air filter. I get 4-6 more miles per gallon than with the stock filter.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
rosierobins2003
Rosie.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 2.8 Auto....

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
chrome tail pipe fittings.

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to owning a great car. You can never take enough pictures of her. And I have a kit for the tires since i switched from run flats. I recommend you switch as soon as possible to something like GSD3's.

rozie
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #6
Bluesharp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Roadster, Montego Blue

Congrats, brother!

I do sometimes get embarassed when people see me taking pictures of the car... especially when I SHOULD be taking pics of the gorgeous cliff overlooking the surf, or the grand canyon or something.

I keep my amp in my trunk.

For a couple of good, cheap mods, look into the roadstersolutions windblocker and the chrome exhaust tips.
      07-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #7
Aebous
The Rambler
United_States
Rep

Tanks fellers. As far as the mods i'm thinking along the lines of an aftermarket air filter, maybe even a cold air intake. the aerokit (which I'll have to wait as i've checked the prices) maybe some little things like those lighted z4 door sills.

I tried taking some pics in front of the bellagio, but too many cars were in the way, plus it was nightime. I got a halfway decent shot overlooking the eifel tower at the paris hotel, but when I got it on the computer it was blurry/cruddy. I'll take more on the strip eventually but it's a royal pain maneuvering with a stick in there.

Lets see the lake is approx 30 minutes or so, actually maybe not even that. I didn't time it and that was my first time up there. Kinda sucks though to get on the lake area your supposed to pay a fee (i think 3 or 4 bucks). Luckily for me my card didn't go through so the park guy let me go through without paying. I can't wait for fall to hit so I can drive around with the top down, this 100+ degree weather sucks
      07-22-2007, 03:19 PM   #8
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

i'm sure you didn't drive in that 110+ weather with the top down........

btw......nice ride!
      07-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #9
Aebous
The Rambler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
i'm sure you didn't drive in that 110+ weather with the top down........

btw......nice ride!
You are correct. Oh and much as I hate too I'm going to wait till I need new tires before I switch.
So I poked my head in on roadstersolutions, I think that lower shark grill is going to be item #1 or 2 that I get
      07-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
IQ-Man
Beer Engineer
Germany
Rep

Is it a bathing lake?

www.Z4Racing.de
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #11
Aebous
The Rambler
United_States
Rep

I don't know. That said I didn't drive around all of the lake cause I never did notice hoover dam.
      07-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #12
rosierobins2003
Rosie.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesharp View Post
Congrats, brother!

I do sometimes get embarassed when people see me taking pictures of the car... especially when I SHOULD be taking pics of the gorgeous cliff overlooking the surf, or the grand canyon or something.

I keep my amp in my trunk.

For a couple of good, cheap mods, look into the roadstersolutions windblocker and the chrome exhaust tips.
Bluesi, Did you get some chrome tips yet?

Rozie
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #13
soeharyo
lettuce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

imz4n: Where do you think I could get the HP air filter?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3,0 si TITANIUM SIlVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by soeharyo View Post
imz4n: Where do you think I could get the HP air filter?
The guy's name is Blaine. He is real good getting filters out to you and responding to questions.

http://www.heleneperformance.com/order.htm
http://www.hpfilters.com
http://www.streamlinefilters.com
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #15
SoCalSizzle
Loves Green Lights....
Rep
Drives: 2004 3.0i "Blackish" LOADED

Welcome!! Beautiful pics Gotta love the desert !!

Now to the serious part...."What do ya'll keep in the trunk?"...ummmm, well, ahhhh....how do I answer this?

I'll leave it to my forum pals...I'm sure they will come up with an answer for me
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 08:50 PM   #16
GP20
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M, F80 M3, 991.2 GTS

Beautiful pics and I'm jealous I've always wanted a sterling gray Z4 with red interior since 2003. I wanted to pay extra to order my MZ4 in sterling gray but BMWNA said no.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 10:43 PM   #17
em2b96p
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: cbr600rr

is that a carmax plate underneath the temp tag?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 12:57 AM   #18
Aebous
The Rambler
United_States
Rep

To GP20, if it makes you feel any better I really wanted a white one with red interior...
To em2b96p, yes it is....today i pulled off the carmax stuff, with the exception of the frame on the back as I didn't think the temp tags there would stay on the car without the frame.

That said, carmax told me they had to repaint the bumper due to scratches, well today while washing the car i noticed that they did a shitty job. apparently there was more damage than scratches, now it is appearing somewhat along the lines of cracks and there is a bit of a bead where too much paint/overcoat was applied and it made 2 drops.....so yeah carmax will get an earfull tommorow, I think i'm going to tell them to have bmw do it since they couldn't do it right the first time.
      07-23-2007, 02:54 AM   #19
IQ-Man
Beer Engineer
Germany
Rep

A good friend bought two days ago also a gray z4. One from 2004 with some mods. Perhaps some ideas for you. It has H&R springs, red/white taillights, an Eisenmann exhaust.

www.Z4Racing.de

Last edited by IQ-Man; 07-23-2007 at 05:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #20
em2b96p
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: cbr600rr

carmax is where i got my z as well. ive noticed they do not clean out the interior at all. they just do a quick wash and ill be surprized if they actually use carwash soap. seems to me they cut lots of corners. they told me there was no instructin manual but i found it under he driver seat allong with a motel roomkey and a genesis CD. also the right cupholder was broken. They claim a 100+ point inspection? hmmmm although i cant complain because i did get a great price on the z. about 5k below msrp

oh and their "carfax" is crap becuse it showed a clean accident record. but upon closer inspection at home ive noticed a new right grill, paint overspray on the right foglight, headlight, inner fender trim, and right trunk arm.

have fun with your Z im sure if you look hard enough you will also find hidden treasure the pervious owner and carmax forgot to take out

Last edited by em2b96p; 07-23-2007 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: added content
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 11:28 AM   #21
rosierobins2003
Rosie.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSizzle View Post
Welcome!! Beautiful pics Gotta love the desert !!

Now to the serious part...."What do ya'll keep in the trunk?"...ummmm, well, ahhhh....how do I answer this?

I'll leave it to my forum pals...I'm sure they will come up with an answer for me
Where's Vroomer when you want him? Well, she keeps her tennies in the trunk...along with her butt from time to time.....there's a photo here somewhere.

Rosie
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #22
Aebous
The Rambler
United_States
Rep

Yeah i've looked high an low for the radio manual, have yet to find it. So far all I have in the trunk is bottled water for those long drives to nowhere and those car duster things. I was thinking about a camp chair for when I just want to relax but I think that'll be case by case basis