ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-15-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
arllc
Motor head
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 GTS & BMW E36 M3

Throttle not working when using breaks after Alpha n tune

I have had this problem since getting my ECU reflash and going to Alpha n tune and carbon airbox on my Z4M coupe race car. The throttle will not work when I am using the breaks. The only time I run into this problem is when I am heel and toeing on downshifts.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Has anyone come up with a fix?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 05:39 PM   #2
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

Not sure if related, but:

"Simultaneous operation of accelerator and brake pedals

This test module serves to detect whether the accelerator pedal mechanically jams or is otherwise difficult to move. This is determined by simultaneously operating the accelerator and brake pedals while the vehicle is being driven.

The fault is set in the engine management system if a driver requests is detected via the accelerator pedal for at least 1.5 seconds and in relation to this there is a brake signal. Here, the brake pressure is used as a measured variable. This prevents braking deceleration being stopped by a jamming accelerator pedal.

Effect:

As long as the driver request and brake pressure are present, the vehicle does as follows:

The engine management system reduces the driver request relative to the brake pressure. If the brake pressure increases, the driver request is taken back accordingly by the engine management system.

Perceivable effects: like taking foot off accelerator pedal

Possible customer complaint:

- Inertia fuel shut-off while driving

- Loss of power output

- Increased, constant engine speed and/or mechanical snagging of accelerator pedal

Requirements of the vehicle for setting the fault:

Speed ≥ 8 kph

No fault entries in the engine management system for the following component groups:

- Accelerator pedal module

- Brake light switch

Procedure:

The accelerator pedal module may only be replaced if there is an express customer complaint regarding increased, constant idle speed and / or a mechanically jamming accelerator pedal as well as the fault entry.

The fault entry alone does not require component replacement!

In the case of a multiple fault entry, the customer is to be informed of his or her possible incorrect operation (simultaneously operating the accelerator and brake pedals)."
      08-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #3
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

First question must be asked is.. "who is the tune by"?

Evolve had this issue with thier tune, has now been fixed.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe

Yeah this is not rare. I don't think Epic Tunes ever had this problem. If they did, they solved it quickly. Evolve tunes had the issue for a while but not anymore per customers on this site.

CSL headers*Euro cats*Arqray exhaust*DKF hangers*Evolve Tune*Genuine CSL rims*10mm Macht Schnell front spacers*modified Hamann bumper*Tekarbon 2X2 CF spoiler*Turner CF grills*AS SSK*KWV3*OEM Strut bar*Rogue RSM*Polyurethane anti-roll bar bushings*Deka ETX30L battery*Nav Video module*front & rear cameras*Ipod module*stubby antenna*R-Dash LED license lights*LED Ziza interior lights
Appreciate 0