ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

kennyfrc, you're right messing around with that stuff usually does end up in a loss (and was proven with a loss on my dyno runs), after all, there was a lot of work put in by the engineers to make the car as efficient as possible. With that being said, this is my daily driver, and I'm still a newb at the track (and having fun), and experiencing the aural pleasure take a pretty high priority for me, and the minor losses in power are a trade off I'm willing to take in order to have a large grin on my face everytime I hear the exhaust and intake rumbling off the buildings here in downtown SF.

I figure, years from now, when I can afford a place with a garage and more than one car, I'll turn the Z4M into a track car and really focus on mods that improve performance above anything else (even if that means not modding), but for now, I'm happy screwing around and seeing how little changes here and there affect power delivery and sound.
Appreciate 0