ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #23
ausherpharmd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Gray Ford Fusion

Awesome pictures
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 11:39 PM   #24
WhoU4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 Z4 3.0i

Rick,

Very nice trip... I'm surprised you didn't try to take a lap at Williams Grove Speedway. Racing on dirt is all momentum as you know, but I suppose it's possible to get stuck...

As for the South Mountain Sanatorium, hard to believe it's still vacant. You would think that someone could find a use for it, massive space.

Oh, not a big snake fan but it appears that water snake had seen better days. (Hate Snakes)

Thanks for posting!

Dave

OEM Strut Brace / UUC SSK / Zeck CDV / Clutch Stop / ZHP Shift Knob / Stubby Ant / Top Covers / Dinan K&N / M Seats / SP / PP
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #25
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausherpharmd View Post
Awesome pictures
ausherpharmd,

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Rick
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #26
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoU4 View Post
Rick,

Very nice trip... I'm surprised you didn't try to take a lap at Williams Grove Speedway. Racing on dirt is all momentum as you know, but I suppose it's possible to get stuck...

As for the South Mountain Sanatorium, hard to believe it's still vacant. You would think that someone could find a use for it, massive space.

Oh, not a big snake fan but it appears that water snake had seen better days. (Hate Snakes)

Thanks for posting!

Dave
Dave,

The Williams Grove lap was tempting, but there was a big earth-grader on the far side, and I figured that he would either (i) blow the whistle on me, or (ii) want to race me. And, if "rubbin' is racin'," then I wasn't too sure that I'd want to take on an earth-grader!

As for the snake, you're right--it was dead. Busted! Since I originally thought it was a water moccasin, the telephoto would have been employed if it had been alive.

Rick
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #27
DaveL--2mnycars
Iron Ring
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3Cab/SMG/Dinan-Sold;335CabSld

Read through and enjoyed the trip!

Many of our older buildings have been closed because they don't meet our Building Code (Ontario Canada). So once called Ontario Hospitals, they had operating rooms and performed operations. They became Psychiatric Hospitals, and later not even that. Homes for developmentally challenged had others names; residents were "clients" not patients...

Came across a group that explored these sites, on the internet. I did a search for "Oxford Regional Centre" and they had explored that site before it was completely demolished, and sold for other uses. (Used to have 350 or so residents, who are all out in society being cared for by their families or some other arrangement.

Thanks for the story. Glad I stayed and read it.

edit: Here's a link to the group that explored the Oxford Regional Centre and lived to tell about it.
http://uel.minimanga.com/crestwood/index.html

DaveL
Toronto

Last edited by DaveL--2mnycars; 08-07-2010 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Sometimers
Appreciate 0