ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-22-2017, 12:54 AM   #155
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

-- Production Update --

Just want to give you guys some update as soon as I get them.

There are some pieces that has been finished and they might be able to ship them out next week.

Since they moved to the new location, they have also been working on getting the inspection done. They've told me that they'll be getting the schedule date soon and at full capacity.

Attached Images

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 05:14 AM   #156
Boosted 1
Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 M coupe, Gx470, M2 PE

WAHOOO!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 11:26 AM   #157
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

I count at least 6 in that batch...
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 10:44 AM   #158
The HACK
Rep

Getting ready for the spoiler. Testing out the rattle cans from TouchupDirect.com. Seems pretty straight forward, will likely need some wet-sanding with 2000 grit to get it perfect. Match seems to be better than BMW's own touch-up paint.
Attached Images

Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 01:11 PM   #159
Black911S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe - Imola Red

Interested as well. PM me please.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #160
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Getting ready for the spoiler. Testing out the rattle cans from TouchupDirect.com. Seems pretty straight forward, will likely need some wet-sanding with 2000 grit to get it perfect. Match seems to be better than BMW's own touch-up paint.
Looking forward to seeing how this looks in body color. Be sure to post pics.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 04:21 PM   #161
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamookie View Post
Looking forward to seeing how this looks in body color. Be sure to post pics.
We shall see. I think with a lighter color car (like silver), or with black or carbon roof it should look better naked. Or if one prefers the exposed carbon look. I for one never liked the exposed carbon look. I'll tolerate it (the APR splitter) for parts that aren't meant to be painted, or if I have the CF roof I might feel differently, but the more I look at it the more I think it should be painted, especially for interlagos.

The test strip shows a close enough match in color. I just have to make sure to leave the base coat thin and the clear coat thick when I paint it. I have all the power tools and accessories for sanding/compounding/polishing.

Worst case, if I didn't like it painted, I can always strip and re-clear the CF.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #162
bdn3d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4m Coupe/ Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
-- Production Update --

Just want to give you guys some update as soon as I get them.

There are some pieces that has been finished and they might be able to ship them out next week.

Since they moved to the new location, they have also been working on getting the inspection done. They've told me that they'll be getting the schedule date soon and at full capacity.

Hey ZED, you stated that the spoilers would go out in order of how payment was received. Do you have that list so everyone can see where inline we are?

Thank you! =)
      10-27-2017, 09:52 AM   #163
The HACK
Rep

If you followed the Roadster spoiler group buy and production schedule, Zed’s been on the ball...the Roadster spoiler took approximately 2 month from inception to shipping. We’re roughly within that schedule with a few day’s deviation.

I’d probably inquire privately if no additional updates by next Friday, but for a custom built piece the schedule isn’t out of ordinary IMO.

EDIT: Although I've already got the paint, sand paper, buffing attachment, scuff pad, tack cloth, rubbing compound all ready to go just waiting for the spoiler!

Last edited by The HACK; 10-27-2017 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 12:49 AM   #164
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Talking

-----UPDATE!-----
1ST BATCH SHIPPING STARTS!
Oct 28, 2017

The manufacturer has starting to ship the 1st batch of 12. I will contact you with your tracking number when it's available in the next couple of days. It'll usually take 10-20 days to get it to your hands but it depends on where you are.

Exciting times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn3d View Post
Hey ZED, you stated that the spoilers would go out in order of how payment was received. Do you have that list so everyone can see where inline we are?

Thank you! =)
Since 90% of the participants paid for their spot within 72 hours when the payment info was first sent. I think it's fair to ship in the order of the list on Post #3 on the first page. It pays to be 1st on the list!

I will update again when the 2nd batch is ready to ship out. I hope they'll just complete our entire order.

In the meantime, share your plans and excitement. Post your pictures when you get it!

Cheers!

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport

Last edited by ZeD4Mr; 10-28-2017 at 03:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2017, 03:47 AM   #165
Boosted 1
United_States
Rep

Dropping it off at the paint shop as soon as it comes in. I really have my heart set on alpine white!

But who knows when I see it I may like it in carbon more! Oh my....didn't realize it would be this hard deciding....
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 07:02 AM   #166
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted 1 View Post
Dropping it off at the paint shop as soon as it comes in. I really have my heart set on alpine white!

But who knows when I see it I may like it in carbon more! Oh my....didn't realize it would be this hard deciding....
The CF finish is pretty amazing but it comes down to personal preference I suppose. I'm hoping someone paints theirs titanium silver so i can see what that looks like. Titanium silver is pretty hard to match due to its light color and metallic flake orientation but I'm sure any really good painter can do it and since it's an add on piece it will probably be hard to notice a slight mismatch. Let's see some pics!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 07:34 AM   #167
Boosted 1
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamookie View Post
The CF finish is pretty amazing but it comes down to personal preference I suppose. I'm hoping someone paints theirs titanium silver so i can see what that looks like. Titanium silver is pretty hard to match due to its light color and metallic flake orientation but I'm sure any really good painter can do it and since it's an add on piece it will probably be hard to notice a slight mismatch. Let's see some pics!
My car is white, but my roof is gloss black so I don’t guess I can go wrong either way.
You could always be the titanium guinea pig 😀
Appreciate 1
coh661190.00
      10-28-2017, 09:21 AM   #168
z4mcoupePQ
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Does the manufacturer put a good coat or coats of clear or will I need to have it cleared locally? I plan to run it with the CF finish.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #169
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by z4mcoupePQ View Post
Does the manufacturer put a good coat or coats of clear or will I need to have it cleared locally? I plan to run it with the CF finish.
Mine came cleared and all ready to go. A month on the car and it still looks brand new but mine sits in the garage 99% of the time so I'm probably not a good data point for durability
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #170
kav
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Great work! Very exciting.

Thoughts on a sapphire black car? Paint it or leave it? I've never been a huge fan of exposed CF on the exterior of a car ( I love it on door jams and less conspicuous places ?).

If we have the CF roof panel coming too, maybe better to leave unpainted?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #171
markos_z4
instagram : https://www.instagram.com/markos_z4/
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si 2006

wrap it black

Quote:
Originally Posted by kav View Post
Great work! Very exciting.

Thoughts on a sapphire black car? Paint it or leave it? I've never been a huge fan of exposed CF on the exterior of a car ( I love it on door jams and less conspicuous places ?).

If we have the CF roof panel coming too, maybe better to leave unpainted?
      10-28-2017, 12:42 PM   #172
markos_z4
instagram : https://www.instagram.com/markos_z4/
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si 2006

am i the only one in the netherlands who bought the Skyer cf spoiler ?
      10-28-2017, 01:10 PM   #173
bdn3d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4m Coupe/ Mini Cooper S

16th on the list?
      10-30-2017, 08:12 AM   #174
WickedNy
Get Some
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 3.0si

Garage List
07 z4 3.0si  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
-----UPDATE!-----
1ST BATCH SHIPPING STARTS!
Oct 28, 2017

The manufacturer has starting to ship the 1st batch of 12. I will contact you with your tracking number when it's available in the next couple of days. It'll usually take 10-20 days to get it to your hands but it depends on where you are.

Exciting times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn3d View Post

Thank you! =)
Since 90% of the participants paid for their spot within 72 hours when the payment info was first sent. I think it's fair to ship in the order of the list on Post #3 on the first page. It pays to be 1st on the list!

I will update again when the 2nd batch is ready to ship out. I hope they'll just complete our entire order.

In the meantime, share your plans and excitement. Post your pictures when you get it!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 10:56 AM   #175
The HACK
Rep

Don't know what'll be more excruciating, the wait for the iPhone X or the wait for the Skyer spoiler to cross the ocean.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 05:21 PM   #176
WickedNy
Get Some
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 3.0si

Garage List
07 z4 3.0si  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Don't know what'll be more excruciating, the wait for the iPhone X or the wait for the Skyer spoiler to cross the ocean.
Def spoiler.....willing to wait for current phone to shit out/price drop on the x...no real need for it as my current phone iPhone will do same as the next
Appreciate 0