ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #23
Daemonblitz
Commander
Rep
Drives: Z4MC/M5/640iX/M1000RR

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [9.50]
2006 Z4M Coupe  [8.77]
2010 BMW S1000RR  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlin View Post
the M3 was picked up by its new owner last night along with the 219M wheels.... I did end up buying the Alufegens off the board member here, but I like the 359M wheels better- so I pulled the 245/35 and 275/30 rubber off the Alufegen wheels and ditched the 255/35 285/30 tires that were on the ZCP wheels. I am now running the ZCPs with the smaller tires and all seems ok.

But..... I have already picked up some HR springs. Now that will be the real test, and I will likely have to go negative camber and new alignment of course....I think it will be worth though, because it's looking pretty good with the ZCP wheels so far! just needs a little drop.

I have some spacers too (5mm and 12mm), but I can't see using them with the M coupe/ZCP wheel combo...they already stick out plenty (too much?) on the Z4 M, and I don't *think* there are any suspension rub issues.
In terms of suspension rub you won't be getting any issues, these give you way more clearance on the inside than the OEMs and adding the spacers will only make things worse. The rears should be fine too.

I've had the 219s on the car now for about 1000 kms and I haven't heard any rubbing even during some more aggressive driving - however upon closer inspection on the front, where the bumper meets the fender, right where the top blind rivet is that holds the fender liner to the bumper I've had some contact with the tire, basically the tire has shaved off a bit of the rounded head of the rivet and has touched the fender liner slightly, not enough to eat through it over time though, and I don't see any signs of wear on the tire.

You mentioned you ordered H&R springs too, that is my suspension setup at the moment too, and I was only able to get -1.2 camber up front with the pins pulled after I had them installed.

Also keep in mind that your ZCPs are sticking out 4mm more than my 219s and we have the same tire width.
Appreciate 0