ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #1
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
GruppeM Intake Installation Help

I ordered the GruppeM from Australia due to the exchange rate. It came in faster than I would have thought. So, I'm looking at these instructions, and I feel like I'm listening to a scene in Silence of the Lambs, "it rubs the lotion on its skin." The translations are amusing. Most of it looks straightforward, but before I start on this, does anyone know of a good DIY for the GruppeM on the Z4M?

The part I'm a little unsure of is the "rectification honey cam." WTH, man! I know what part they are talking about, but is there anything special that has to be done with the spacers other than just placing the two spacers over the holes and then pressing the metal ring over the metal honeycomb? Since the "rectification honey cam" is mounted to an inclined part, does the orientation of how it is rotated in relation to the screw holes and spacers make a difference? I'm guessing that is what they are trying to say.

Can't wait to get this on and hear how it sounds. Thanks!

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 03:31 PM   #2
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

That's funny"...........however this thread references the same sentence
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21942
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2016, 03:56 PM   #3
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
That's funny"...........however this thread references the same sentence
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21942
Thanks, dbarton. I have a good understanding of how to remove that part from the OEM box, but not a good idea of how it mounts in the new intake. I guess I just need to jump in and start on it. I'm one of those types that likes to know how to do every step before I start, if possible.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0