ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #23
DaveL--2mnycars
Iron Ring
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3Cab/SMG/Dinan-Sold;335CabSld

I truly appreciate each travel tale you spin. They're fascinating! The photos are incredible. I learn so much, and you inspire me to do more with my driving/photography.

the photography should be easy for me. I used to have a profitable photo business, with a diverse customer base. Now I do it for fun; I still feel challenged getting good travel photos, and editing them.

That's my take. Your travel tales are awesome! I look forward to reading more. Until then, I am rereading ones I have read.

(All our cars have snow tires mounted. We even bought new snows for the 997 Cab! We made a run to North of Hwy 7 today. Acton, Ontario. Our vet lives there. Fresh snow; no accumulation yet.) Our 12 year old golden apparently tried to tune up a 3-1/2 year Rotty-Boxer cross. Didn't work. Some puncture wounds. Charlot is our rescue dog; he was on death row twice. The smartest dog I have ever had. Butnot the other day....

Saw a beautiful Z4 tin-top the other day. Made me think....

My wife's cars: Had a few... I'm the Navigator, capable of getting us lost at any time! Drives are longer!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #24
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
My niece home schools. I think this will make a great history lesson!

I felt like I was back in school reading some of this.

Great pictures Rick F
      11-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #25
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mnycars View Post
I truly appreciate each travel tale you spin. They're fascinating! The photos are incredible. I learn so much, and you inspire me to do more with my driving/photography.

the photography should be easy for me. I used to have a profitable photo business, with a diverse customer base. Now I do it for fun; I still feel challenged getting good travel photos, and editing them.

That's my take. Your travel tales are awesome! I look forward to reading more. Until then, I am rereading ones I have read.

(All our cars have snow tires mounted. We even bought new snows for the 997 Cab! We made a run to North of Hwy 7 today. Acton, Ontario. Our vet lives there. Fresh snow; no accumulation yet.) Our 12 year old golden apparently tried to tune up a 3-1/2 year Rotty-Boxer cross. Didn't work. Some puncture wounds. Charlot is our rescue dog; he was on death row twice. The smartest dog I have ever had. Butnot the other day....

Saw a beautiful Z4 tin-top the other day. Made me think....
Dave,

Thanks--I always appreciate your feedback! I knew that you're a Leica buff, but I didn't realize that you used to have a photo business. I might reasonably have guessed that, however, since I always enjoy your pictures immensely.

As for driving a 300+ hp Porsche 911 in the snow, I think I'd have to pass. I well remember what a handful my 944 was, even with snow tires all around. Plus, it was only worth a fraction of your 911. (Sorry, I meant your wife's 911!)

And as for Charlot, I wonder if he's part cat, complete with 9 lives?

Good luck with that Canadian winter, old friend!

Rick

PS: And here's another trip report for you, and not a flake of snow in sight.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #26
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iUSN View Post
My niece home schools. I think this will make a great history lesson!

I felt like I was back in school reading some of this.

Great pictures Rick F
USN,

Thanks! I hope your niece will enjoy it. If so, and if you'd like to offer her any additional lessons, the full collection of my reports can be found at http://www.bmwbmw.org/forums/search....2&sf=firstpost.

Of course, now I have to stop and try to remember just exactly how much of the information in these reports is totally fabricated…

Rick
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #27
DaveL--2mnycars
Iron Ring
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3Cab/SMG/Dinan-Sold;335CabSld

thanks Rick. pm sent

My wife's cars: Had a few... I'm the Navigator, capable of getting us lost at any time! Drives are longer!
Appreciate 0