ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
the dink
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4

Bad Battery/ Air Bag Light On

My 05 Z4 3.0 has what I believe to be the original battery. Today the car barely started and now the air bag light is on in the dash. I hope it is just related to the battery taking a crap, it has never come on until now, at least not since I have owned it. Hope someone can tell me they have had the same thing happen to them. Don't really want to have two problems to take care of. Thx
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
pelerojo
Private
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4M

It is common to get a variety of dash lights with a weak batt. I have not had the airbag light come on but numerous others .... all back to normal immediately after replacement. If original, you got your money worth out of that battery.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

It's pretty normal that the airbag light goes on while starting with a weak battery (I had it myself).

When replacing the battery, and after a few drives (not always immediate!), it also goes off.
The code is still present as almost all codes are stored in the memory (low voltage on some terminal), and can be read with DIS/INPA (and erased if desired, but that's not important).
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0