ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-15-2015, 02:19 AM   #441
SmartBastard
Stupid as shit
Austria
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

Are there any updates planned about the heel toe issue? The Evolve CSL Airbox is on my TODO list, but I don't want to loose rev matching for it.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 07:44 AM   #442
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBastard View Post
Are there any updates planned about the heel toe issue? The Evolve CSL Airbox is on my TODO list, but I don't want to loose rev matching for it.
It would be nice if Evolve could get in gear with this.
This is the one knock on them, they are very slooooooow on resolving issues.

If money is burning a hole in your pocket, others have solved the tune issue.
You can buy the airbox w/o tune and get it done elsewhere.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 09:39 PM   #443
Str8 RippiN
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 ZCP ///M3

Love this air box have one Evolve for my E46 M3, but the tuning issue with the Z4M turned me off from buying another evolve box for my Z4M, my car would be useless if I couldn't heal/toe haha

"The Zillenium Falcon" mod journal - http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=440670
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2015, 10:25 PM   #444
fdagen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Working with Evolve right now to resolve this. Received the first modified tune today. Resolved the cold start issue. Still working on the heel toe.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #445
royroy
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdagen View Post
Working with Evolve right now to resolve this. Received the first modified tune today. Resolved the cold start issue. Still working on the heel toe.
good to hear!! keep us updated!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 07:47 AM   #446
SmartBastard
Stupid as shit
Austria
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

One year later and again still thinking about Evolve Airbox but again same odd question - Was the heel toe issue ever solved? If not, can anyone recommend some other tune that would go with the box together which doesn't have the problem?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 07:50 AM   #447
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Guys have had good luck with Epic.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #448
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

As far as we know we have resolved this issue with an update. If anyone else is still not sorted please contact me.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #449
Arrgo1
Not so new member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Gents,
I just installed my beautiful new Evolve airbox a couple weeks ago and aside from a 2FDA CEL that pointed to a PCV leak all seems to be just fine with no cold start or heel/toe issues. After I got the error I notified Abdul at Evolve and he had it sorted in no time. All I can say from my experience in dealing with both Imran and Abdul is that they are stand up guys and dealt with my issues in a very timely and very polite positive manner. I cannot and will not comment on other folks issues and responses from Evolve, all I will say is that I have absolutely no reservations in recommending their products and services. (And no, I am not an employee or paid in any way by Evolve). Now time to get out for a blast and enjoy that glorious induction opera.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 01:37 PM   #450
Carnifex
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Is it possible to buy the airbox without the tune? I didn't see them separate on the website. I was looking at getting dyno tuning done by TTFS as they are local to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 04:44 AM   #451
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Is it possible to buy the airbox without the tune? I didn't see them separate on the website. I was looking at getting dyno tuning done by TTFS as they are local to me.
Yes you can buy it on its own. Please email sales at evolveautomotive.com with your location for a quote with shipping.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 04:45 AM   #452
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrgo1 View Post
Gents,
I just installed my beautiful new Evolve airbox a couple weeks ago and aside from a 2FDA CEL that pointed to a PCV leak all seems to be just fine with no cold start or heel/toe issues. After I got the error I notified Abdul at Evolve and he had it sorted in no time. All I can say from my experience in dealing with both Imran and Abdul is that they are stand up guys and dealt with my issues in a very timely and very polite positive manner. I cannot and will not comment on other folks issues and responses from Evolve, all I will say is that I have absolutely no reservations in recommending their products and services. (And no, I am not an employee or paid in any way by Evolve). Now time to get out for a blast and enjoy that glorious induction opera.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will pass your comments on to the team. I am sure they will appreciate them.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 01:48 AM   #453
BIU
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

BUMPITY

If any current owners can give prospective buyers some new feedback after some extended usage now that its been a couple months since Evolve released their latest tune updates? (Last discussion from APR as above)

Heel-Toe / Cold start / Rpm dip?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 08:44 AM   #454
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

Heel-toe is good. I've never had any cold start issues. RPM dip still present although seems less frequent - though maybe that's due more to the type of driving I've been doing over the last couple months (more freeways and canyon carving, less stop and go). All-in-all I love it but I do wish that one little bug wasn't present.
      08-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #455
BIU
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post
Heel-toe is good. I've never had any cold start issues. RPM dip still present although seems less frequent - though maybe that's due more to the type of driving I've been doing over the last couple months (more freeways and canyon carving, less stop and go). All-in-all I love it but I do wish that one little bug wasn't present.

Hmmm... interesting.

Would certainly love to hear more from other owners..

I guess the tune is where prospective owners like myself are on the fence about...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #456
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

The latest tune seem to solve all the issues. I have not drive the car much recently but seem like I get a slight hesitation at times. I need to drive the car more if that goes away.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #457
saintex
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4MC BSM E92 335xDrive BSM

For those who have installed the evolve carbon intake: is there a gap between the gasket of the stock air intake through the bumper and the neck of the evolve intake?

Last edited by saintex; 10-12-2016 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 09:32 PM   #458
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintex View Post
For those who have installed the evolve carbon intake: is there a gap between the gasket of the stock air intake through the bumper and the neck of the evolve intake?
Do you have a pic?

I just had my kit installed today. If I follow what you're describing, then my answer would be that there is no gap. The opening of the airbox closest towards the front bumper is pushed up against the rubber neck/gasket of the stock intake through the bumper.

I'm wondering if the rubber neck should be left in or removed? I get a whistling sound when I initially get on throttle. Not sure what is causing it or whether it's good or bad. So far no engine lights from the tuned file that Evolve provided. Car feels like it runs smoother, good response etc. etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 08:43 AM   #459
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
The opening of the airbox closest towards the front bumper is pushed up against the rubber neck/gasket of the stock intake through the bumper.
This is correct. I left the gasket in and haven't had any issues though I'm sure there will be some minor scratches when I remove the airbox.
      03-24-2017, 10:48 AM   #460
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
Do you have a pic?

I just had my kit installed today. If I follow what you're describing, then my answer would be that there is no gap. The opening of the airbox closest towards the front bumper is pushed up against the rubber neck/gasket of the stock intake through the bumper.

I'm wondering if the rubber neck should be left in or removed? I get a whistling sound when I initially get on throttle. Not sure what is causing it or whether it's good or bad. So far no engine lights from the tuned file that Evolve provided. Car feels like it runs smoother, good response etc. etc.
I removed the rubber gasket to have better fit.
Appreciate 1
Finnegan701.00
      03-28-2017, 11:35 AM   #461
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

Make this box in fibreglass, paint it black and put a sticker on it, just like the lads with the BMW E30 M3's did with their box. A shit-ton were sold over the years because the costs were a LOT more reasonable and the performance was the same. Why someone isn't doing this now for the S54 motor still baffles me..............
Appreciate 1
GPower61.00
      04-22-2017, 04:16 PM   #462
GPower
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer View Post
Make this box in fibreglass, paint it black and put a sticker on it, just like the lads with the BMW E30 M3's did with their box. A shit-ton were sold over the years because the costs were a LOT more reasonable and the performance was the same. Why someone isn't doing this now for the S54 motor still baffles me..............
Amen, brother.
Appreciate 0