ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #23
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
That listing is for a car with a rebuilt title and it has 50K miles, not 40K. It has 49K miles so it's MUCH closer to 50, not 40.

This car is a much better deal IMHO for the same price. No title issues and only 10K more miles.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-Z...item43b4f8c868

I wouldn't pay over $18K for the blue car. They are insane to even think they would get anywhere near what a clean title car is getting.
No one said the laguna seca z4 had 40k miles. The black vehicle you quoted has been in a major accident (carfax) left side. Was just picked up on auction recently as well. It's condition is probably just as unknown. Not much of a better deal when put in perspective.

Not surprised if these salvage-rebuilds circle the wagons between body shops, dealers and auction sites as they are tough to sell.

Laguna Seca pre-rebuild photos attached
LOL! Funny with the link I had they said the title is clean!
BTW: the pre-fix pics look a lot like the car my buddy and I are going to make into a race car. It's a 2007 3.0si coupe with 48k on it. Front end damaged just like that one. We paid $8k for it including being shipped from TX to PA.
Maybe something for you to look in to instead of this car. It seems like too much money IMHO.
Good luck and nice Supra.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #24
fairlady_z
Turbo Booster :)
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
No one said the laguna seca z4 had 40k miles. The black vehicle you quoted has been in a major accident (carfax) left side. Was just picked up on auction recently as well. It's condition is probably just as unknown. Not much of a better deal when put in perspective.

Not surprised if these salvage-rebuilds circle the wagons between body shops, dealers and auction sites as they are tough to sell.

Laguna Seca pre-rebuild photos attached
Is it possible to share the carfax? I'd like to take a look at it if you don't mind. Kind of interested in that car, haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #25
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Just saw this listed on chicago craigslist
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/ptd/3369799789.html

I think
If they weren't shy to change the original color into "laguna seca" they prob weren't shy to change a number of other OEM parts for aftermarket ones. Just a feeling

A car like that will prob sit in the lot for a long time...Just not the right economic time to find a Jon doe to drop 30k cash since no bank will finance such thing.

my best guess is they will let it go for 20k bet!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #26
herragge
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Gotta admit, that color is great on the MC. I loved it on the E46 and I still love it on the MC. I wouldn't go for this particular car on ebay or have the stones to change the stock color but it is a looker, thats for sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #27
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

What about this car?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M-COU...orcev4exp=true
Says they have a clean carfax and only 25K miles.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #28
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
What about this car?
Seems like a good deal if everything checks out ok (get PPI).
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #29
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
What about this car?
If this car hasn't been in an accident and has been properly maintained, this is a pretty good deal!

All of the pictures look really good. The wheels look brand new with no scratches or curb rash but the tires are the original Continentals. Based on the manufacture date of 11/06 they are now six years old and should be replaced. It's possible that the original wheels and tires were taken off when the car was new, aftermarket wheels were used until the car was sold, and then the original wheels and tires were put back on. This was the case with my car. If you think that this is a possibility, look in wheel wells when the car is on a lift for any signs of rubbing or damage to the fender lip or the fender well which can happen with an overly aggressive aftermarket setup.

The interior looks to be in very good shape with the Carbon Leather trim option which I personally prefer. There doesn't appear to be any wear in some of the most common areas, which are the left thumb notch area on the steering wheel, the left bolster on the driver's seat, and the buttons on the dash.

Based on the mileage, it's probably getting close to Inspection 1. The oil and filter change, and cabin and air filter replacements are relatively easy. The valve adjustment is more involved and will require about $100 in parts, another $75 for tools, and a $400 shim kit that you can borrow or rent. Otherwise the valve adjustment will cost you as much as $1000 at a dealer or independent. Depending on when it was last done, or done at all, it may also require a brake fluid flush which is not hard to do. Brake fluid flushes should be done every two years.

Definitely get a PPI at a good independent, preferably one that will hook up a scan tool and read any error codes that the car may have as part of the PPI. They should put the car up on a hoist, check for any possible engine, transmission, or differential leaks or bad seals, including any signs of damage including paint overspray. Make sure that there are no apparent signs of leaks of any sort in the engine compartment and make sure that all of the hoses are in good shape.

In July I paid a little more than a grand less than this for a Roadster that was a year older and with about 6,000 more miles. It also has the Extended Leather and Nav options, and the iPod adapter. Coupes are rarer and one like this in good condition is a good find.

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #30
Geauxkart
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe Sepang

Quote:
What about this car?
Swirls in the paint, but may be correctable.
Appreciate 0