ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-10-2022, 11:21 PM   #1
WAGMI
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4MR

Garage List
New Z4MR owner

Hi everyone,

Was fortunate to get a 2008 Z4M Roadster, this has been one of my dream cars when I was in college.

Anyone have recommendations on how to upgrade the bluetooth?
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3853.50
      07-11-2022, 06:26 AM   #2
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Congrats man. Share some pics
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 09:12 AM   #3
bwright657
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGMI View Post
Hi everyone,

Was fortunate to get a 2008 Z4M Roadster, this has been one of my dream cars when I was in college.

Anyone have recommendations on how to upgrade the bluetooth?
Check out the BlueBus. Unfortunately it looks like you'll have a bit of a wait, but it integrates seamlessly with the factory head unit and the steering wheel controls.
      07-11-2022, 12:45 PM   #4
WAGMI
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
Looking to take some nicer photos soon! I am looking to get some detailing quotes, plan on getting ceramic coating done.

Here's two photos of when I received the car:
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
gds52886.00
kaybat125.50
3798j11425.50
racerbruce3853.50
      07-11-2022, 12:47 PM   #5
WAGMI
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright657 View Post
Check out the BlueBus. Unfortunately it looks like you'll have a bit of a wait, but it integrates seamlessly with the factory head unit and the steering wheel controls.
Thanks! I'll check them out, 2 months will come by quick lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 02:33 PM   #6
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
Looking to take some nicer photos soon! I am looking to get some detailing quotes, plan on getting ceramic coating done.

Here's two photos of when I received the car:
Beautiful color
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 03:39 PM   #7
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Congratulations and welcome! I use one of these for bluetooth audio -- admittedly I could care less about phone function. Tunai Firefly
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 09:47 PM   #8
Coi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i, 07 Z4MR

Congrats on the car! I really wanted an Interlagos blue Z4MR but ended up getting a black one. I've grown to really love the black but do still get a little envious sometimes. Would also be cool if we had a Bay Area meetup at some point with so many Z4s around.

I have a Grom unit in my car, installed in place of the trunk CD changer by the previous owner. My phone is a few years old but can connect to multiple bluetooth devices, so it plays music through the Grom but when I get a phone call it goes though the built in BMW system. It works pretty well with a couple issues that I've resolved with the help of this forum (playing music with the phone's volume slider maxed caused distortion and I had to jump some pins on the grom unit to disable metadata because it wouldn't let me fold the nav screen away with it active). The steering wheel controls work but make the screen unfold, an issue you won't have since you don't have nav. I have no experience with the bluebus so maybe it's better.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 12:37 AM   #9
WAGMI
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Congratulations and welcome! I use one of these for bluetooth audio -- admittedly I could care less about phone function. Tunai Firefly
Oh interesting that is pretty neat and a quick plug and play option. I ended up getting the Bluebus after watching two videos of the installation, seems pretty easy DIY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coi View Post
Congrats on the car! I really wanted an Interlagos blue Z4MR but ended up getting a black one. I've grown to really love the black but do still get a little envious sometimes. Would also be cool if we had a Bay Area meetup at some point with so many Z4s around.

I have a Grom unit in my car, installed in place of the trunk CD changer by the previous owner. My phone is a few years old but can connect to multiple bluetooth devices, so it plays music through the Grom but when I get a phone call it goes though the built in BMW system. It works pretty well with a couple issues that I've resolved with the help of this forum (playing music with the phone's volume slider maxed caused distortion and I had to jump some pins on the grom unit to disable metadata because it wouldn't let me fold the nav screen away with it active). The steering wheel controls work but make the screen unfold, an issue you won't have since you don't have nav. I have no experience with the bluebus so maybe it's better.
Good to know there is another option, I ended up ordering the Bluebus so will report back how it goes once I install it and try it out.

I have yet to see any Z4M in the city lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 02:21 AM   #10
Coi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i, 07 Z4MR

Quote:
I have yet to see any Z4M in the city lol.
Oh, I feel like SF if where I see Z4Ms the most. Saw a silver roadster parked downtown recently and there's this same black coupe I've coincidentally seen several times. I think there are at least 5 Z4Ms owned by people that live or work in the city, but I have no idea if any of them are forum users.

I just noticed with people's location tags there seem to be a bunch of people with E85s and E86s in the Bay Area. I've only spoken to one other Z4 owner since I bought mine so would be cool to do that at a C&C or something. Maybe I'm tired of pretending like I fit in with the E46 M3 people at BMWCCA events too
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 09:41 AM   #11
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Out of curiosity, how do you use this in a stock Z4? Where is your USB? Mine had the OEM iPod cable in the glovebox so I use an adapter like this: https://www.outmotoring.com/bovee-bl...bovee1000.html
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 10:08 AM   #12
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
Out of curiosity, how do you use this in a stock Z4? Where is your USB? Mine had the OEM iPod cable in the glovebox so I use an adapter like this: https://www.outmotoring.com/bovee-bl...bovee1000.html
I plug the audio jack into the 'aux in' port under the dash, and the USB connector goes into a power adapter in the lighter socket.
Appreciate 0