ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-06-2023, 02:52 PM   #1
DCAT1000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: z4m

Need Help with OEM Nav wiring setup

Hey guys, a while back I had a few mods done to my Z4M (evolve airbox, Quaife gear driven diff) and was experimenting with weight reduction, so I removed half of the audio & nav items from my 2007 Z4M (DVD, telematics, speakers, amp). I stopped short of removing the radio and nav while I was searching for an OEM radio block plate for the dash. I also removed all of plastics rear of the seats, and studied what it would take to remove the bulkhead.

If you have ever done this then you know how much space is required for all the parts that get pulled off. 6 months later, the wife says put it all back on the car.

All went fine except that the nav dash has no signal from the audio. Nav screen is powered, and the manual buttons to move screen work, but will not show any information from the car system or audio. Radio works fine and manual buttons on steering wheel work fine too. I am convinced I just missed a simple wire connection.

Can someone who has a nav setup take a few pics of the wiring connections and post here? I already had my local BMW mechanic invest 1 hour into investigating, but they are mechanical guys and not car audio (not sure they can read a wiring diagram).

Big thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by DCAT1000; 08-06-2023 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 04:39 PM   #2
DCAT1000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: z4m

Nevermind. I figured it out. Had to take all the center console plastics off again, and simply re-plug in the wiring into the back of the cd player/computer. All good now!