ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #23
wonton180
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

nice website. definitely will help those shopping out there....man this would have been handy when I was looking!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #24
Phishman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beige car

I sure hope you guys aren't related to the Jalopnik commenter that said the e86 was a piece of shit while promoting your site.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #25
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishman View Post
I sure hope you guys aren't related to the Jalopnik commenter that said the e86 was a piece of shit while promoting your site.
That's a negative. I'm assuming that's on that "M cars ranked" piece. Time to hunt.

Edit: can't find it, got a link?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #26
Phishman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide View Post
That's a negative. I'm assuming that's on that "M cars ranked" piece. Time to hunt.

Edit: can't find it, got a link?
http://willconltd.kinja.com/

I didn't figure you guys would do that but I remembered looking at your site over the weekend and then saw the link he posted on Jalop (first 2 comments are about e86). Apparently this guy owns a couple breadvans so I was surprised he was so venomous towards the e86. Does the e37 actually take off faster than an e86? He said it also killed it on the track but that seemed odd to me seeing as it was a much older car. If it's true I will just want a clownshoe more than ever but it doesn't seem possible given the engine difference.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #27
Phishman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

He posted several times on the same thread, one of them has a link to your site.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #28
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishman View Post
http://willconltd.kinja.com/

I didn't figure you guys would do that but I remembered looking at your site over the weekend and then saw the link he posted on Jalop (first 2 comments are about e86). Apparently this guy owns a couple breadvans so I was surprised he was so venomous towards the e86. Does the e37 actually take off faster than an e86? He said it also killed it on the track but that seemed odd to me seeing as it was a much older car. If it's true I will just want a clownshoe more than ever but it doesn't seem possible given the engine difference.
Well Z4MC does weigh a bit more, and has an extra gear. An extra shift in a manual can be a deciding factor when the cars are this similar. An S54 Clownshoe is rated at 315hp mated to a five speed, can the ~20hp supposed power increase of the Z4MC compensate for a bit of weight and an extra gear? I'd say it all just depends on the driver. Z4MC has a more sophisticated suspension design, but again, it's all about the driver. Take his claims with a grain of salt and move on. Arguing which BMW M Coupe is best is a waste of everyone's time, they're all great.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #29
Phishman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Oh I'm not hating, I love both cars. I was just surprised is all. Thank you for the information.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Z4MRoadsterbuyersguide.com coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #31
Megawatthour
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4

Awesome site. Is there anything out there for roadsters?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #32
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Regular Z4's, not that I know of.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #33
sport48416
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M Coupe

Site is looking good Shaheen! This will be very helpful to those in the market for our cars. Keep it up.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #34
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Under the For Sale listing of the website: www.z4mcoupebuyersguide.com... What constitutes your rating for condition? It looks like the highest anyone's received is 3 out of 5 stars.

For example... a 2007 Z4MC with 11,010 miles - 3 stars.

If I was selling my baby (which is impeccable) and I received your 'opinion' of 3 stars... I'd be pissed.

Just curious how this judgement of condition is formed?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #35
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Under the For Sale listing of the website: www.z4mcoupebuyersguide.com... What constitutes your rating for condition? It looks like the highest anyone's received is 3 out of 5 stars.

If I was selling my baby (which is impeccable) and I received your 'opinion' of 3 stars... I'd be pissed.

11,010 mile car with no mention of service records. Worries me that if they followed the BMW recommended service regimen, this car may have had only one oil change in it's lifetime. Only two photos that show just the exterior from a distance. A call about the car got me no info other than "one owner". Weekend cars with low miles are either a blessing or a curse. Not driving and servicing a car can be just as bad as driving it too much.

I trust that if you were selling your baby of a Z4MC you'd try a bit harder with your ad. Something like this makes me believe it's your baby.
http://www.tomhole.com/Z4.html
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #36
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post

11,010 mile car with no mention of service records. Worries me that if they followed the BMW recommended service regimen, this car may have had only one oil change in it's lifetime. Only two photos that show just the exterior from a distance. A call about the car got me no info other than "one owner". Weekend cars with low miles are either a blessing or a curse. Not driving and servicing a car can be just as bad as driving it too much.

I trust that if you were selling your baby of a Z4MC you'd try a bit harder with your ad. Something like this makes me believe it's your baby.
http://www.tomhole.com/Z4.html
I get what you're saying, but just because a seller doesn't dedicate a website to the sale of his car MAY not be grounds for a 3/5 condition rating. It's such a subjective thing. Low mileage cars in my estimation are almost always a blessing, in that the person is a collector, has numerous cars, or simply hasn't driven around the globe. Less wear on internals etc.
Regardless, I like your site. I just can't get past the fact that unless you're personally inspecting each car - condition can't be vouched for (like value for instance, which is based on sales figures, depreciation etc).
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #37
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

My ratings are simply my impression from the ad. With any ads that raise brows I try to contact the seller and get more info. I'll then present what I've learned. In no way do I support purchasing a car based solely on my statements without a PPI and/or personal inspection.

Thanks for the positive remarks.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #38
silverfishZ4M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Are you informing these people that you're calling that you're NOT a potential buyer, but that you have a website and that what they say will be used for your website? It's not fair to take people's time to ask 20 very detailed questions over the phone or email if you don't tell them that up front.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #39
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfishZ4M View Post
Are you informing these people that you're calling that you're NOT a potential buyer, but that you have a website and that what they say will be used for your website? It's not fair to take people's time to ask 20 very detailed questions over the phone or email if you don't tell them that up front.
Yep.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 08:12 AM   #40
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

I like the site and think you did a good job but I also don't like the ratings. I also realize it isn't simple to put all of this together.

On the other hand I don't agree with the ratings. If I have a perfect car but poor pictures or ad then the ratings for Value and Condition go down when you really don't know much about the car. The ratings seem to be more about a rating of the ad than the car.

I think at the least you should point out that most of the time you know nothing more than everyone else reading the ad and without looking at the car at best it is an educated guess.
      02-21-2014, 05:20 AM   #41
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Roadster guide is live. Been ogling this Monaco/Imola car all week.

http://www.z4mroadsterbuyersguide.co...ListingID=3388
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #42
Psychodo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide View Post
Roadster guide is live. Been ogling this Monaco/Imola car all week.

http://www.z4mroadsterbuyersguide.co...ListingID=3388
Nicely done.
Amazing how much the price varies on these. Be great if this was done for the z4 roadster too but I'd imagine there are a lot more sales to log

Saw a few listed at carmax as well
http://www.carmax.com/search?ANa=429...results%20page
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #43
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Price variation has been very interesting. Right now there's a ~$5000 premium for Coupes. Low mile Roadsters can be had for the same price as a new Focus ST.

I actually got my Z4MC from Carmax, great experience. My workflow doesn't include their site so I always have to manually check, thanks for the reminder.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #44
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Wow this is a great site, great job!
Appreciate 0