ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #67
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.5i Z4 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Yeah, me too. If I see another Z, I just sneek up behind it, wait for a turn, catch the corner of its rear bumper and spin it out. I tell you, it's not safe out there these days...
Aw man, I thought I was the only one doing this.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #68
Foxland
Private
Rep
Drives: Merlot Red Z4 3.0 Roadster

OK, nevermind......don't wave to anyone....no one cares anyway. Just joking. A lot of people on this board need to lighten up.To quote Rodney King, "can't we all just get along".
Also, I am curious, maybe I'll start another post, how many of you M and non M owners track your cars? How many of you really know your cars capabilities or are they just for show?
Mo
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #69
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel91 View Post
You said it's reasonable for M owners not to wave to owners of the "everyday" Z4. Let's take a look at the synonyms in the thesaurus for "everyday:"

Is it really any wonder people thought you were being a snob in that post?

Finally, my Z4 has a much bigger bite than your M, so I can assure you there is no inferiority complex involved.
Uhh...that's a negative ghostrider. The pattern is full.

No, it is now not a wonder to me why those few people always choose to take things connotatively. It's just a matter of simple human fallacy, which I've no interest in attempting to resolve because it'll never happen. If such a thing could be resolved, the world would be at peace. And we all know that's impossible

You want to talk about how much "bite" our cars have? Just because you have FI doesn't make you the better driver. Let's take our cars out to the track and I'll show you what a bite really feels like when I run laps around you
There's obviously an inferiority complex here because you keep bringing this crap up after so much effort I put into resolving your accusations of me. Why can't you just let it go? If you reply again after this, I'm not even going to respond anymore. I told you, I'm done talking to you and whoever else that has beef with me. I really could care less what you guys think of me anymore. I sleep well at night knowing I never meant any harm by my words; ever since the beginning. The fault lies solely with those of you who chose to comprehend those words against the grain.

Geez! Just can't please everyone these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxland View Post
A lot of people on this board need to lighten up.To quote Rodney King, "can't we all just get along".
Also, I am curious, maybe I'll start another post, how many of you M and non M owners track your cars? How many of you really know your cars capabilities or are they just for show?
Mo
Seriously...that's EXACTLY what I said from my very first post in here. Did I make a mistake by not actually quoting a famous person? Perhaps I'll try that next time, with proper citations and all -_-

I've tracked my two cars year-round since two years ago, so my cars definitely aren't just for show.
I started out with the MR2, and then graduated to the Z4MC

Last edited by mfanatic325; 02-01-2011 at 10:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #70
tarheel91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ESS Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
Uhh...that's a negative ghostrider. The pattern is full.

No, it is now not a wonder to me why those few people always choose to take things connotatively. It's just a matter of simple human fallacy, which I've no interest in attempting to resolve because it'll never happen. If such a thing could be resolved, the world would be at peace. And we all know that's impossible

You want to talk about how much "bite" our cars have? Just because you have FI doesn't make you the better driver. Let's take our cars out to the track and I'll show you what a bite really feels like when I run laps around you
There's obviously an inferiority complex here because you keep bringing this crap up after so much effort I put into resolving your accusations of me. Why can't you just let it go? If you reply again after this, I'm not even going to respond anymore. I told you, I'm done talking to you and whoever else that has beef with me. I really could care less what you guys think of me anymore. I sleep well at night knowing I never meant any harm by my words; ever since the beginning. The fault lies solely with those of you who chose to comprehend those words against the grain.

Geez! Just can't please everyone these days

Seriously...that's EXACTLY what I said from my very first post in here. Did I make a mistake by not actually quoting a famous person? Perhaps I'll try that next time, with proper citations and all -_-

I've tracked my two cars year-round since two years ago, so my cars definitely aren't just for show.
I started out with the MR2, and then graduated to the Z4MC
*facepalm* Do you understand what connotation is? Really? Because the way you're using it suggests you have no clue. Connotation is the difference between thin and frail, between voluptuous and chubby. These words have similar meanings, but different connotations. Frail connotes weak, thin connotes elegance. Voluptuous connotes sexy, chubby connotes mildly unattractive. It's not something that a person "chooses" to do or not. It's part of the meaning of a word. If you really think the only thing that matters is the exact definition of a word, why don't you try calling your wife/girlfriend/next date chubby. I'm sure she'll understand you correctly. After all, both voluptuous and chubby refer to girls with more curves than normal, right? I'm sure she'll realize you're just trying to say she looks sexy.

I'm not "accusing" you of anything. I'm simply trying to get you to acknowledge that your initial post used a poor choice of words. That's all. I agree with your main point about M's vs. normal Z4s.

I said nothing about my ability, and I don't see its relevance. You said that "It's like how small dogs have a need to bark all the time because they feel inferior, even if no-one ever points fingers." The point being that Z4 owners feel the need to "bark" because they feel insecure about their lack of "bite." I was pointing out that my issues with your statement had nothing to do with some sort of inferiority when it came to my car as my car outperforms the cars in question.

I apologize for somewhat derailing the thread, but people who make a mistake and then try to play it off like it's someone else's fault ("Jeez, all you guys are so sensitive!") kind of pisses me off. Taking responsibility for one's actions is a big deal to me.

OT:If you (everybody) were to come across a 507 or Z8, would you wave?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #71
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Z8, yes. I have done so--didn't get a wave back but that's because I couldn't catch the driver's eye (I think he was too occupied with the woman in the passenger seat, and from the what I could see I can't blame him).

507--I had to look it up, but yeah, sure!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 06:47 AM   #72
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Z8, yes. I have done so--didn't get a wave back but that's because I couldn't catch the driver's eye (I think he was too occupied with the woman in the passenger seat, and from the what I could see I can't blame him).

I waved to a Z8 one day last fall while driving my Honda. Buddy didn't see me though!

Re the topic at hand, its pretty clear that Mfanatic325 was only referring to the relative rarity of some of the Z models. He's justifiably proud of his M. My 3.0si is my first sports car ever, and its my first BMW ever. As such, I'm also quite proud of it. And its clear that everyone else here feels the same about their own car. All this back and forth is unproductive. The horse is dead Jim

Instead, we should be doing this:

Now, I have to go call that Mubarak fella and talk sense to him.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.

Last edited by Huz-Z; 02-02-2011 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: Added some goofy smilies for a cheap laugh!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #73
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Lol. Noticed you haven't told us how much you paid them.

Yeah I'll keep trying to get mine to look as good as yours and go as fast too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
I certainly don't feel thst my 3.0si is in any way inadequate. And I note that the Atlantic chapter of the BMW Club of Canada chose my car for the cover of the January newsletter. Read 'em and weep, boys:

http://bmwclubatlantic.ca/propellor.html

But don't despair. In the right light, an M may look almost as good as my Z4 clearly does.

But seriously. All of us here are true Z4 enthusiasts regardless of what model we drive. Everyone here has an awesome car - I think that is a given fact.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #74
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post

I saw a guy in a Z8 a few months ago that seriously looked like James Bond. Very good looking, in a really nice suit, driving alone on the 101 in stop and go traffic. I was frantically trying to get his attention but he never once looked over.

I probably would have accepted a marriage proposal on the freeway if he had asked.

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #75
Jbs
The Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC BSM/Black extended

Does anyone else think the popcorn here is amazing?! :

John Batte Photography / Flickr / Facebook
2007 ///M Coupe BSM/Black Extended/Loaded | RPi GT Exhaust w/custom gloss black tips | KW V3 | Michelin PSS 245/265 | Pinnacle F1 Tint 35% | ZHP Shift Knob
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #76
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbs View Post
Does anyone else think the popcorn here is amazing?! :
I keep trying to divert their attention with random stories but they are all so unfazed!

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #77
bhoch
SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [7.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
I saw a guy in a Z8 a few months ago that seriously looked like James Bond. Very good looking, in a really nice suit, driving alone on the 101 in stop and go traffic. I was frantically trying to get his attention but he never once looked over.

I probably would have accepted a marriage proposal on the freeway if he had asked.
Well, other then the fact that I am very ugly, don't have a nice suite or a Z8, you're describing me exactly!

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #78
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.5i Z4 2004

My problem was I drove a motorcycle for the last 3 years, so the hardest thing was teaching myself NOT to wave at other motorcycles. They tend to look at you like you're crazy.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #79
FerRrari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Catrinel Menghia

Quote:

Did you try flashing?
Just joking!
'07 IR/SBL ///M Roadster (GONE), '08 Tornado Red Triumph Daytona (GONE), '09 BRG/Cloth 6MT MINI Cooper S (Spontaneously Combusted), '06 IR/IR ///M3 Convertible 6MT (GONE), '04 JB/CR Z4 2.5i SMG (GONE)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #80
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:

Quote:
I keep trying to divert their attention with random stories but they are all so unfazed!
Um, not all of us were unfazed by your story....
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #81
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

i've yet to see a z8 in-person, so i'm anticipating being pretty damn excited. it WAS a bond car once upon-a-time no?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #82
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
i've yet to see a z8 in-person, so i'm anticipating being pretty damn excited. it WAS a bond car once upon-a-time no?
Yup, it was used in one of the Pierce Brosnan Bond films. There is one Z8 in my town; I spotted it one lunch hour last fall. Very nice machine.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #83
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting_fish View Post
My problem was I drove a motorcycle for the last 3 years, so the hardest thing was teaching myself NOT to wave at other motorcycles. They tend to look at you like you're crazy.
really? i thought that was common everywhere... at least around here, we always give the peace sign. occasionally the cruiser guys would not do it back when i was riding my r6. but if i was on the monster or naked, i'd get love from everyone... guess that style is the common denominator in the bike world, haha.