ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #23
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45ACP View Post
Lag from the drive-by-wire? Try driving around with the sport button on
lol, did that. no more lag.

i might take her in to get checked out or find a friend or something. i've noticed (maybe i'm being paranoid) that when i put it into first, i can hear the gear go in and it makes a, not loud, but noticbale 'thud' with the clutch still in. anyone know what i'm talking about??
      08-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #24
ga41
Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
lol, did that. no more lag.

i might take her in to get checked out or find a friend or something. i've noticed (maybe i'm being paranoid) that when i put it into first, i can hear the gear go in and it makes a, not loud, but noticbale 'thud' with the clutch still in. anyone know what i'm talking about??
I get the same all the time. It's the throttle pedal mapping i believe. Because it's constantly auto adjusting itself if you do a lot of city driving in stop and go traffic it tends to dull down and go all laggy.

Resetting the mapping every now and then helps a lot. To reset it you do this: turn the key to the position right before the engine starts cranking and leave it there for 10 seconds, then turn the key to the completely off position for another 10 seconds and then fire up the car. You've just reset the throttle pedal mapping.
      08-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #25
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga41 View Post
I get the same all the time. It's the throttle pedal mapping i believe. Because it's constantly auto adjusting itself if you do a lot of city driving in stop and go traffic it tends to dull down and go all laggy.

Resetting the mapping every now and then helps a lot. To reset it you do this: turn the key to the position right before the engine starts cranking and leave it there for 10 seconds, then turn the key to the completely off position for another 10 seconds and then fire up the car. You've just reset the throttle pedal mapping.
AWESOME. i will do that after work! THANKS!