ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep
Drives: Car

Z4MCoupeBuyersGuide.com is live!

Some of you may be familiar with http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com. A site made by Jon Martin to help potential Clownshoe buyers make purchases. He tracks listings of all the Z3 M Coupes currently for sale puts them in one place with his own comments and insights.We met a few months back through a business partner of mine who has a Z3 M Coupe. He mentioned he was looking for a way to get a Z4 M equivalent up and running and I eagerly volunteered to help.

Check out the current listings here . Right now there are a few interesting cars for sale. Being the Monaco Blue, Sepang Bronze, and Imola/Dark Sepang cars. A few low mileage cars demanding a surprisingly small premium over the average price of $30,654. And a couple cars $24,000 and lower. You can search by color combo, year, options, etc. Feel free to comment on the site layout and performance as it is a new layout being tested by Jon. We look forward to this collaboration as it is the first of his Car Enthusiast Guides to be run by someone other than himself.

Shaheen

Last edited by shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide; 12-16-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 02:52 AM   #2
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, i3, Z4M

Awesome site!

CURRENT ll F10 M5 l E85 Z4MR l I01 i3 REX
SOLD ll E70 X5M l E85 Z4MR VF570 l E36/7 Z3MR l E36 328i
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
v3.2mc
Not a New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: with both hands and both feet

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]

well done! added to favorites.
#1498E86 | Sepang Bronze | Dark Sepang Leather | Carbon Leather Trim
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Nice site, and I love the z3mcoupe site too, but just a question, do you proof read what the owners of the cars say under the description of their car ad?

If you don't, possibly you should.

5 or sixth add down says nice coupe with V6 power. Come on mate, only enthusiast would read this site and there is nothing worse than (thought to be) enthusiast listing their cars and don't even know what bloody engine is in their much beloved car. Removes any credibility the site may have. Makes me fume and I am not even in the market for an Mcoupe.

Anyways love the site, keep it up : )
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Nice site, and I love the z3mcoupe site too, but just a question, do you proof read what the owners of the cars say under the description of their car ad?

If you don't, possibly you should.

5 or sixth add down says nice coupe with V6 power. Come on mate, only enthusiast would read this site and there is nothing worse than (thought to be) enthusiast listing their cars and don't even know what bloody engine is in their much beloved car. Removes any credibility the site may have. Makes me fume and I am not even in the market for an Mcoupe.

Anyways love the site, keep it up : )
I copy and paste their descriptions. No point in proofreading what they say because we all know what the truth is, and it shows us an incompetent seller. I made a comment about that one farther in the post.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
I really like. Nice job.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
mills84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC TR/AG

Keep up the good work. As someone who is currently in the market for one of these cars, I find your comments and research helpful.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide View Post
I copy and paste their descriptions. No point in proofreading what they say because we all know what the truth is, and it shows us an incompetent seller. I made a comment about that one farther in the post.
It's a Toyota dealer. I'm not surprised. Love the "rare V6" comment. All kidding aside it might be a good deal for someone as the dealer has no idea what they have. Bumper looks like a respray/fix, which is fine, since the fangs look like they are perfect.

Great site!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Quote:
No worries, wasn't having a go at you, just the misinformed seller that put that up. Love the site as I said and appreciate all the hard work that goes into maintaining it. Great rescourse. : )
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #10
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Too bad there is no roadster version of this site, or a sub page for those of us who may be looking for a Z4M roadster.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #11
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
Too bad there is no roadster version of this site, or a sub page for those of us who may be looking for a Z4M roadster.
There's a Z3 M Roadster version of Mcoupesbuyersguide.com. If there's enough interest, I'll gladly expand into Z4 M Roadsters as well.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #12
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Great job with the site. There sure are allot for sale. I know this is a new site and you asked for comments. It would be cool to have more info about these special cars and or some links to additional info.

I especially like the VIN Lookup. I found some interesting stats on my car as shown below:

Year: 2007
Exterior Color: Interlagos Blue Metallic
Interior Color: Black Nappa
Production Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Approximate Order Produced: 503
Engine: S54

Production Stats:
Total Number in 2007 Model Year: 1188 (#126 produced*)
Total Number in Interlagos Blue Metallic: 297 (#106 produced*)
Total Number with Black Nappa Interior: 1005 (#232 produced*)
Total Number with Black Nappa Trim: 954 (#289 produced*)
Total Number in Interlagos Blue Metallic over Black Nappa: 165 (#51 produced*)
Total Number in Interlagos Blue Metallic over Black Nappa with Carbon Leather Trim: 87 (#31 produced*)
Total Number in Interlagos Blue Metallic over Black Nappa with Carbon Leather Trim in 2007 Model Year: 50 (#5 produced*)
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
jophish17
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Light Sepang Extended is the rarest interior.. huh, I learned something new today. Nice site!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #14
philjw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Great site. Nice work!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #15
jophish17
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

A few comments now that I had time to click around:

I think if you are going to rate these cars, you should be consistent, and perhaps explain the criteria. For instance, the black/dark sepang coupe in VA is 1 of 2 per your criteria, and is given a 4-star rating for rarity, while the imola/sepang coupe is 1 of 3 yet you gave it 5 stars, and the black/light sepang extended got 3 stars..?

Also, condition ratings without actually seeing the car seem difficult at best - perhaps you should add commentary as to why you scored them as you did. I suspect that most M coupes are well-maintained, even the higher mileage ones.

Just remember while you are providing a service for the community and the potential buyers, that you don't want to harm their sale either

I'm glad someone put this together though - now I just have to browse one site looking for potential upgrades =)
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #16
MoMBHN
Banned
Rep
Drives: M Coupe, Escalade, CLS55 AMG

Awesome work! Glad z4mc has its own buyers guide now
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #17
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jophish17 View Post
A few comments now that I had time to click around:

I think if you are going to rate these cars, you should be consistent, and perhaps explain the criteria. For instance, the black/dark sepang coupe in VA is 1 of 2 per your criteria, and is given a 4-star rating for rarity, while the imola/sepang coupe is 1 of 3 yet you gave it 5 stars, and the black/light sepang extended got 3 stars..?

Also, condition ratings without actually seeing the car seem difficult at best - perhaps you should add commentary as to why you scored them as you did. I suspect that most M coupes are well-maintained, even the higher mileage ones.

Just remember while you are providing a service for the community and the potential buyers, that you don't want to harm their sale either

I'm glad someone put this together though - now I just have to browse one site looking for potential upgrades =)
Dark Sepang interior is very rare, but a massive chunk of Z4MC's are Black Sapphire. I base the rarity on exterior color first, then interior, then any significant options (which there really aren't any) and modifications.

I give the condition rating based on the seller's knowledge of their car along with the info and photos provided. I add commentary if I see anything out of the norm.

Thank you, I'm doing my best to keep it neutral and better for both buyer and seller.

There was a new listing on Cars.com for a black/black coupe in Socal with just a couple pics and a phone number. I called the seller to get more info and he was resistant to give a VIN, which raised some red flags but is understandable. However he did say that for Z4MCbuyersguide the asking price could be cut to $25,000. Maybe today someone will go on the site and become a Z4MC owner from that bargain
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #18
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Dark Sepang interior is very rare, but a massive chunk of Z4MC's are Black Sapphire. I base the rarity on exterior color first, then interior, then any significant options (which there really aren't any) and modifications.
There actually are a few options

- the premium package adds a ton of items over the base car
- heated seats
- navigation
- extended leather

For me the premium package and heated seats were must haves...

Great job on the guide! I hope a Z4 M Roadster version makes an appearance as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #19
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
There actually are a few options

- the premium package adds a ton of items over the base car
- heated seats
- navigation
- extended leather

For me the premium package and heated seats were must haves...

Great job on the guide! I hope a Z4 M Roadster version makes an appearance as well.
I meant that in a "alter the intentions of the car" manner. Imagine buying a used E9X M3. DCT vs 6MT, Competition pack, iDrive (for settings), etc truly alter the driving experience. With the Z4M there was one mechanical configuration. Only handful of cars were produced without premium package and those are sought after for simpler build as track cars. Nav was a big factor for me when I got mine so I could have a screen for an iPod interface. From what I've seen extended leather is the most significant option for buyers.

Thanks! Me too.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #20
losingmylycosa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

I'm using Chrome, and find the back arrow to go back to the sale listings is not working. Site seems to be running slow.

12-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #21
shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingmylycosa View Post
I'm using Chrome, and find the back arrow to go back to the sale listings is not working. Site seems to be running slow.
Noted, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #22
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Alpine White/Red

Wow, there is an Alpine White with the Imola Red leather on there!

Hmm, where my checkbook :-O

Steve
Appreciate 0