ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
Xsalfior
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 IB M3

245/45/18 tire size help

Hi Guys,

I own a 2007 Z4M Coupe and although I know that my speedo will be off I just want to know if they will fit without having rubbing issues. The only reason I ask is because I can get the tires for free.

Tires 245/45/18 Dunlop Winter Sport
Rims
VMR V7101
18x8.5 all around
Fronts ET 35
Rears ET 20

Will these work? I looked thru the tire calculator and it looks like my speedo will be off by about 4km.

Last edited by Xsalfior; 09-13-2011 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Fronts will rub under full lock at stock ride height. If you are lowered, they will rub all the time. I had this size snow tire on my car last year, and got anxious had put coilovers on it before winter was over. My fender liners are destroyed. I'm selling mine and going with a 17" setup this year, though I plan to drive this car little in the winter since I have a truck now.

Last edited by BTM; 09-14-2011 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
Xsalfior
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 IB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Fronts will rub under full lock at stock ride height. If you are lowered, they will rub all the time. I had this size snow tire on my car last year, and got anxious had put coilovers on it before winter was over. My fender liners are destroyed. I'm selling mine and going with a 17" setup this year, though I plan to drive this car little in the winter since I have a truck now.
Thanks for the response BTM, I really appreciate it. So do you think your in fender liners were destroyed because you switched to coilovers but at stock height you probably just rubbed them a bit here and there?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Definitely since I got it lowered, since it would rub an almost any medium/larger size bump, even more so with 2 people in the car. Before, it wouldn't rub at all, except under full lock, which I learned to avoid pretty easily. Since the wheel you are looking at will stick out 13mm more (according to http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp), I would think they would rub a little more than stock fronts, which are 18x8ET42. (To me the fact they would only rub on full lock says that it was the outside edge that was rubbing). By how much I don't know though.
Appreciate 0