ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #1
dextro
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 E85 3.0i roadster

ac schnitzer muffler

Anyone using it or any comment about it ?

wanna get something to look and sound better than the original
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextro View Post
Anyone using it or any comment about it ?

wanna get something to look and sound better than the original
Look and sound are very much personal preferences, what sounds good/looks good to one person may not to another. Youtube recordings are marginal at best due to the variation in equipment and environmental conditions, but it is a place to start. Your best bet is to find someone (local bmw club) who has modded theirs and listen for yourself. High price and/or a name does not guarantee that you'll like the sound. Something else to keep in mind is that axle back mods are primarily for sound, any gain or loss of horsepower will be insignificant. Good Luck.
      03-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
dextro
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 E85 3.0i roadster

thanks a lot !
will post up some photo after i get the exhaust done
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Yes, keep us posted. Always looking for exhaust ideas and reviews.
      03-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

I just purchased a bunch of stuff from Schnitzer(wheels, pedals, spoiler) including the cat back exhaust/muffler for my 3.0, when I recieved it I was not happy with the quality(welds looked weak) nor the weight, it weighed a ton, not much lighter than the stock unit. For $2000 it was a bit of a let down so I returned it. I purchased a Billy Boat stainless muffler(muffler only) with dual tips for $699 and had beautiful stainless connecting pipes fabricated by FMU(Fluid Motor Union) for $250. So for $950.00 (less than half the ACS price) I got a system that weighs over 10 pounds less than the ACS system and is much better built for less than half the price. I will post up some pics as soon as I get the car back, it's still at FMU getting the front lip spoiler and rear lip spoiler painted and installed.

I like most ACS stuff but their exhaust ststems are not worth the price of admission IMO.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
I just purchased a bunch of stuff from Schnitzer(wheels, pedals, spoiler) including the cat back exhaust/muffler for my 3.0, when I recieved it I was not happy with the quality(welds looked weak) nor the weight, it weighed a ton, not much lighter than the stock unit. For $2000 it was a bit of a let down so I returned it. I purchased a Billy Boat stainless muffler(muffler only) with dual tips for $699 and had beautiful stainless connecting pipes fabricated by FMU(Fluid Motor Union) for $250. So for $950.00 (less than half the ACS price) I got a system that weighs over 10 pounds less than the ACS system and is much better built for less than half the price. I will post up some pics as soon as I get the car back, it's still at FMU getting the front lip spoiler and rear lip spoiler painted and installed.

I like most ACS stuff but their exhaust ststems are not worth the price of admission IMO.
Will love to see the pictures after the install

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Billy Boat make prima exhaust. Too bad there's no fitment for the Z4M. Sound clip?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Billy Boat make prima exhaust. Too bad there's no fitment for the Z4M. Sound clip?
I don't even have the car back from FMU yet. The exhaust is installed now they are painting and installing the front and rear spoilers. I should have it back early next week. They emailed me a few photos of the exhaust from behind but I asked them for a few up on the lift as well. I will post them up when I get them as well as a sound clip when I get the car back.
Appreciate 0