ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-14-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Chrome OEM Wheels??

So I am in Phoenix for a trade show and as I am waiting to walk across the street for a mid-day diet pepsi break....a Merlot Red E85 Z4 pulls up to the cross walk with wheels just like mine (107), only they are chrome. Never seen that before and they looked outstanding on that car. Great combo.

I assume these were done aftermarket and were never offered from BMW????

I was guessing LA Wheel or something. I never thought I would like chrome wheels on this car, but is was a sharp combination and really popped.

Anyone have any experience with these?
      05-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
sl03
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky
So I am in Phoenix for a trade show and as I am waiting to walk across the street for a mid-day diet pepsi break....a Merlot Red E85 Z4 pulls up to the cross walk with wheels just like mine (107), only they are chrome. Never seen that before and they looked outstanding on that car. Great combo.

I assume these were done aftermarket and were never offered from BMW????

I was guessing LA Wheel or something. I never thought I would like chrome wheels on this car, but is was a sharp combination and really popped.

Anyone have any experience with these?
I have seen the oem Z4 wheels in a chrome finish before. I don't know too much about them except that they are cheaper than the standard ones our cars come with.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3,0 si TITANIUM SIlVER

I get mine done in Orange County for $110 each wheel , takes 3 days.

05-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Looks good! Happy with them? That price is better than LA Wheels which I found on a 2 second search. Assume they fix any scratches before they chrome them too?
      05-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep

Road rash repaired, lasts about 4 years as mine are about due for a redo. Brake dust sticks to them, however they clean off like a champ, the questions and the looks keep coming. I detail for our Z club here and have had several of the group ask to get the wheels chromed. I have a spare set of tires and rims that I swap out when needed. They demount the tires and rebalance them in that price as well. If you are replacing the tires them will simply install them instead of what comes off. No extra charge.
      05-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #6
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep

05-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
That is actually what made me think about it besides the look. My aviator DD has chrome wheels and they clean up like a champ. These 107's are semi-hard to keep clean with all the nooks and crevices and I had hoped the chrome would help make them easier to clean up as well and sharpen up the look.

I am in MO, so I would have to shipped. Also surprised it is only good for 4 years, that could be a pain!

Thanks for the info. They look great.
      05-14-2014, 10:04 PM   #8
Walkurie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster / 99 Jaguar XK8

Had my OEM's chromed and like some projects, lost interest in about a year. Sold them to none other than Satch Carlson. He's happy, I'm happy. They look good on some BMW's and i admire them, but I did not like them on mine as much as I thought I would.

If one is looking for a good source to have their wheels chromed, these people are highly recommended...

http://http://www.blackdiamondwheel.com/

They will do silver chrome, black chrome and their own proprietary black finish that looks real good.
      05-14-2014, 10:52 PM   #9
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

I bet that black chrome would look nice on my 224s.
      05-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #10
Walkurie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster / 99 Jaguar XK8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMon View Post
I bet that black chrome would look nice on my 224s.
When I first received the chromed wheels, my thought was that they looked so good but I should have gone with either the black chrome or the black diamond finish.