ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-12-2012, 02:54 AM   #45
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

I'm down for a Navy pullover hoodie with "///M coupe" logo and/or "Zpost". What kind of positions can we place them at? Will PM you to check on availability

Last edited by mfanatic325; 03-12-2012 at 03:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #46
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
ooooh oh oh oh oh can i get in on this from the uk??

id like charcoal hoodie, Large, with the Roadster image and z4//M badging :-)

also on the rear is like "this material is known as, Husband material" hahhhhhahahahahahah
Got your order! I'll PM you specs... I know UK shipping is a few bucks more for shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
I'm down for a Navy pullover hoodie with "///M coupe" logo and/or "Zpost". What kind of positions can we place them at? Will PM you to check on availability
PM inbound for tshirt details.

Logos are going on left chest.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #47
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Just an update folks:

Hoodies have been ordered!

Should arrive in a couple weeks, then a few days to get out the door. I've done most the layouts which is the tedious part. Looking forward to it!

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #48
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

I can't wait!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #49
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by santov View Post
Just an update folks:

Hoodies have been ordered!

Should arrive in a couple weeks, then a few days to get out the door. I've done most the layouts which is the tedious part. Looking forward to it!

Can't wait!

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #50
eHelmholtz
TARDIS
Rep
Drives: Z4

Santov,
Looks really good - is it too late to put in an order?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #51
MC 357
Private
Armenia
Rep
Drives: R53 Cooper S/I3

car should face the other way...get ride of the Z and ///M...redo the car also...there it more to a M coupe just the hood line and roof, and ill let you find it!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #52
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbui View Post
Santov,
Looks really good - is it too late to put in an order?
Not to late. PM me specs (see above for options).
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #53
eHelmholtz
TARDIS
Rep

I know you said xxx roadster was too long but what about just roadster without ///M?

Apparently, PM isn't open for me for a few days.

Last edited by eHelmholtz; 03-16-2012 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: Add
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #54
PrinceMiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: z4 3.0i

Think you can do it with this logo?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #55
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceMiro View Post
Interesting design... I like the car part...and wonder if a custom wording is an option?

Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #56
eHelmholtz
TARDIS
Rep

I like the car part too but wouldn't mind it if the BMW logo was gone. It might even look better flipped the other way.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #57
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceMiro View Post

I played with that design when we did the polos about a year ago. I like the design of the logo (I don't like the roundel). At the time we were also looking for a coupe version.

The problem when you stitch that on the shirt the fine fading lines look like crap and up front where the headlight swirl gets close to the front bumper the tshirt/polo material will pucker as the lines are gathering in two opposing directions. The embroidery machine can stitch as small as 2mm, but it looks like a crooked seam in the shirt, not like an intended design.

So yes, the design is possible, but it will look like crap. I could outsource it to be larger (12" wide), but seriously a giant chunk of threaded material that big would be itchy as hell and feel like a piece of cardboard stuck to the inside of your shirt.

I'm not trying to shit on design ideas. I like had fun with the "coupe" logo that Xmetal gave me. I'm actually going to use that font on a shirt project for an autodetailer soon, so it was a good learning experience for me. I spent hours hunting for a font, and now that I have them I know what I can do with it. I like playing with the designs and then stitching it onto a shirt, but the intricate stuff with thin lines just doesn't look good when embroidered. Screenprinting would be a better option for large logos and lots of text, but there's going to be a HUGE set up fee and a 25 shirt minimum. Even worse, the whole collective has to agree on one design, which is next to impossible. The logistics of it just don't work for our small group buy.

If there's enough serious I know a screen printer who's hungry for work. But he'll charge a setup fee with a minimum. We get 25 people to commit to a single design and divide the $75 setup fee, so add $3 to everybody's order. But what happens when somebody wants to buy a tshirt after the fact? They got off without paying the fee. I don't want to front $450 to have 25 shirts sit in my garage and mail them out one at a time. Then there's always a gamble of how many M, L and XL to order.

Right now I'm doing around 15 hoodies and a handful of polos/tshirts, and almost EVERBODY has asked for something different. I seriously don't mind going the extra 10 miles to make a custom something for everybody, but each custom something takes about 20min to layout, translate, and another 30min to test on the machine. I usually do it just before bed and inspect the results in the morning. So this has turned into a serious time suck for me, again not that I mind, but I rather offer several designs, then let people pick and choose, and my machine loads a different file for each shirt. That's way easier and if I don't like the result I throw the shirt away and make a new one since I won't sell anything that doesn't look good. I'm a bit of a perfectionist that way, but also don't want one person to be so upset they crap on me in the forum. I haven't had one unhappy customer [knock on wood].

Recently somebody (not here thank gawd) asked me print his name on the left chest, front lower right, each sleeve, and centered under the rear collar. That's his name in 5 places! To me that's 4 renderings (different sizes) and 5 separate hoopings on my machine. Oh yeah, he wanted it all for the same price. He didn't want to pay anything extra even after I explained how I use the expensive poly thread with the expensive fiber backing. Most shops use rayon thread with paper backing. In the end he realized his name in 5 places would have looked extra stupid, but I came really close to telling him to take his $10 elsewhere.

Just like this guy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC 357 View Post
car should face the other way...get ride of the Z and ///M...redo the car also...there it more to a M coupe just the hood line and roof, and ill let you find it!
Sorry MC357, but I'm not going to waste hours in photoshop guessing at what you want, rendering it in my digitizing software to maybe sell a tshirt. Then in the end you'll ask if I can print it on a $2 shirt and send it to you for free.

Sorry for the rant. Keep throwing designs my way. Sometimes I can tell right away they're not going to work or sometimes a little adjustment is all it needs.

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #58
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:

....but I rather offer several designs, then let people pick and choose...
I think this is the most compatible option for all.

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #59
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Hey Santov,

Is it too late to order a second hoodie for my son? No worries if I am too late on that! A medium if you can squeeze it in!

Last edited by Huz-Z; 03-16-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #60
VinnieAces
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Imola Red Z4MC

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [8.00]
Let me know when you figure out if you can ship to Canada!! I'd be interested for sure
      03-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #61
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
Hey Santov,

Is it too late to order a second hoodie for my son? No worries if I am too late on that! A medium if you can squeeze it in!
Heck yeah I can get one for your son. There's another wave of orders, so give me a couple days to round them up and I'll add your son's in. Please specify if he wants a pullover or zipup, color, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieAces View Post
Let me know when you figure out if you can ship to Canada!! I'd be interested for sure
I can ship to Canada. Please add $4 for postage. US Postal Service upped all their rates. I used to use the flat rate boxes, but I think I'll just go first class for Canada. PM me your specs (size, color, etc.)

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #62
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Hi Santov!

Thanks very much!

For the young fella, let's get this:

Zipper hoodie
Pepper
Size medium
Z4 roadster emblem (car outline plus "Z4")
(Identical to the XL one I ordered for myself, but in size M)

Cheers!

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #63
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Look what Santa brought!

Look what came in the mail. Oddly enough this is only half the shipment, even though both boxes shipped from the same location. UPS tracking says the other box will be here Wed.

I wanted to post some information on the build quality. I've worked with this brand before, and they make good stuff. I haven't worked with this particular set of hoodies though, but wanted to post some info on build quality. Now that I've been doing this for a bit I'm always looking at build quality of clothes and I've turned a bit snobbish on the crappy brands.

The hoodies I sourced were a little more expensive than some people wanted to spend in total, but I have hang ups embroidering cheap garments because it reflects on me as being "low quality".

I couldn't be happier with these!

The zipups look "vintage" with some rough edges for style. The quality of the stitching is solid throughout. The sleeve cuffs are double long so you can fold over. I also like they won't become "saggy" after a couple of washes.

The sleeves and sides are double stitched (it takes two needles to make this kind of stitching). The zipper is heavy duty with more double stitching on the inside:

The pullovers are just as nice. They're more modern in style (no rough edges). The navy color is very close to the charcoal color. Lots of double stitching around the pockets:

...and the inside is nice and soft since it's been prewashed. The waist band is nice and thick and should last a long time.

I need to get some placements done and double check I have everybody's details right. There's lots of chalking and measuring to be done to ensure the placement is right.

I'll let you know when they start to ship!

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #64
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Look what came in the mail.

The pullovers are just as nice. They're more modern in style (no rough edges). The navy color is very close to the charcoal color. Lots of double stitching around the pockets:

...and the inside is nice and soft since it's been prewashed. The waist band is nice and thick and should last a long time.

They look awesome......

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #65
MC 357
Private
Armenia
Rep
Drives: R53 Cooper S/I3

logo

Quote:
Sorry MC357, but I'm not going to waste hours in photoshop guessing at what you want, rendering it in my digitizing software to maybe sell a tshirt. Then in the end you'll ask if I can print it on a $2 shirt and send it to you for free.

Sorry for the rant. Keep throwing designs my way. Sometimes I can tell right away they're not going to work or sometimes a little adjustment is all it needs.

took a total of 5 min with basic photoshop skills...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 02:01 AM   #66
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Talking Shipping update!

I just finished all the zip-up hoodies! I'll be taking them to the post office tomorrow and they should arrive in about 3 days for US 48 states. I've finished several of the pullover hoodies, and should have the balance done this weekend.

After working with Xmetal (thanks for being my guinea pig bro) I've been working on some fine tuning... When I digitize the logo I can instruct the machine which direction to fill the letters, left to right, etc. I can also embed a pattern UNDER the fill threads to create certain surface textures. I had been playing with dragons and I was trying to give my dragon a texture of dragon scales.

Anyways check out how I rendered all the 'M'. They look like carbon fiber!!

Appreciate 0