ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-26-2023, 11:50 AM   #1
e86nut
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Bumper kinda fell off - Help!

Bumper kinda popped off on the top left. On closer inspection, seems like some of the wheel line tabs that clib the liner into the bumper are missing. But I don't thing thats the issue - the bumper itself should clip into the fender right? Mine won't seem to do so - I think something is broken but I'm not sure exactly what.

Here are some pictures - can anyone tell me what looks broken here and may need replacing? Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 02:04 PM   #2
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by e86nut View Post
Bumper kinda popped off on the top left. On closer inspection, seems like some of the wheel line tabs that clib the liner into the bumper are missing. But I don't thing thats the issue - the bumper itself should clip into the fender right? Mine won't seem to do so - I think something is broken but I'm not sure exactly what.

Here are some pictures - can anyone tell me what looks broken here and may need replacing? Thanks.
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_4848

Part 20 is the clip that holds it very plastic very easily breakable. Check that that’s intact and top side just clicks in. If the fender liner/bumper holes up top are ripped out that plastic clip doesn’t hold the bumper from unclipping very well, with a little bouncing even if the clip is intact without the fender liner tabs holding the bumper it’ll probably come loose.

Last edited by Piper1; 06-26-2023 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 09:25 AM   #3
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Is the bottom tray that holds the bottom of the bumper still intact on that side? If the bottom tray is broken and are not securing the bottom of the bumper, then that area of the bumper that you're referencing can pop out easily.
      06-27-2023, 11:32 AM   #4
e86nut
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_4848

Part 20 is the clip that holds it very plastic very easily breakable. Check that that’s intact and top side just clicks in. If the fender liner/bumper holes up top are ripped out that plastic clip doesn’t hold the bumper from unclipping very well, with a little bouncing even if the clip is intact without the fender liner tabs holding the bumper it’ll probably come loose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Is the bottom tray that holds the bottom of the bumper still intact on that side? If the bottom tray is broken and are not securing the bottom of the bumper, then that area of the bumper that you're referencing can pop out easily.

Both my bottom tray and the clip were broken. And getting that clip out was a pain in the ass, had to use a screw driver and a mallet to break the 3 tabs that clip into the fender. I'm guessing the bottom tray cracked and that put stress on the clip itself. Thanks fellas!
Appreciate 1
Piper1569.50