ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-29-2023, 08:30 PM   #1
OtisTurner
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 roadster

2006 Z4 dead battery places in transport mode most all Electronics do not work

I'm assuming that the car went into Transport mode after the battery went dead. However, a long list of things are not working including windows, passenger door lock, trunk, interior lights, conv top, windshield wipers, etc.

But all the things that I have read that usually have to do with the Transport mode, driving speed limited, air cond not working properly, seem to be working.

I bought a Foxwell NT501 scanner and deleted the transport mode but nothing changed.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 04:20 PM   #2
Clearancediver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4

Download proper BMW software and use that instead.

ISTAD and a switchable cable to plug into the vehicle diagnostic port.
      06-30-2023, 04:47 PM   #3
OtisTurner
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 roadster

Thank you. You can tell I needed help.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 12:55 AM   #4
Clearancediver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4

Google is your friend in these circumstances as well. Try different word combinations… Z4 trifecta (read these results)… z4 (your problem) etc to pull up forum threads and YouTube videos.

Read the DIY articles/sections from the various forums… There is lots of valuable info there to be found. Start at the start of this forum… 1st article from 200x and educate yourself on issues that forum members have experienced and proposed fixes (that is what I did when I got my first issue and was trying to figure it out…. Helps

ISTAD has technical instructions and diagnostic tests/procedures to help figure out issues…. For one SRS issue it will measure the resistance of a connector and tell you if it’s within the required parameter….as an example.

You can get YouTube tutorials on how to use it…. It’s not difficult to use but sporadic use means you can forget “things”…..

And finally…. Realoem.com and for diagrams and part numbers …. Just insert last 7 digits of your VIN to get the right info for your car year/model.