ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #23
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateboozer View Post
One other question. I love the speakers in the car but there's no sat radio or audio input. What's the best way of getting these added?
If you just want a simple audio input jack I would go with the one that goes in the ash tray, its a BMW part and Tisher sells it for $82 and is a 30 minute install, the radio has the plug on the back already so its a fairly simple plug and play. If you want Sirius and iPod Dice makes one that plugs into your CD changer in the trunk(you will lose CD changer), if you don't have the factory CD changer you might still have the wires back there, a lot of them came that way alreeady wired. If you don't have the wires or changer you can buy that from Dice too but it will add about an hour to your instal. I can give you links and part numbers tomorrow but I am mobile right now so surfing and copy and paste is prob a bad idea. A simple google search should show you what you need and there are also several threads here in the audio section of ZPost
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #24
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Since you have a roadster like me make sure your drains are clean! Otherwise you will end up with a dead soft top motor like me.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #25
SpeedN8
Slower traffic keep right.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5 35d & '18 M4 Coupe ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferil View Post
For the cupholder I bought mine at Tischer (getbmwparts.com) for a decent price. Can you show photos of the seatbelt clip so we can see how it's broken? I'm not sure if they sell that part separately or not.
Sorry for the long delay in getting this pic. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
SpeedN8
Slower traffic keep right.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5 35d & '18 M4 Coupe ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
If you just want a simple audio input jack I would go with the one that goes in the ash tray, its a BMW part and Tisher sells it for $82 and is a 30 minute install, the radio has the plug on the back already so its a fairly simple plug and play. If you want Sirius and iPod Dice makes one that plugs into your CD changer in the trunk(you will lose CD changer), if you don't have the factory CD changer you might still have the wires back there, a lot of them came that way alreeady wired. If you don't have the wires or changer you can buy that from Dice too but it will add about an hour to your instal. I can give you links and part numbers tomorrow but I am mobile right now so surfing and copy and paste is prob a bad idea. A simple google search should show you what you need and there are also several threads here in the audio section of ZPost
Thanks! I'll try to see if I can find them on the website. It'd be sweet if you could post the part numbers but if not it's alright. At least I know what to look for. It's crazy that a car like this doesn't have an input standard. I was surprised by how good the system sounded then I was equally surprised that nice sound was dedicated to am/fm and cd.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #27
RecycledTeen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Looking for E85

Nate,

She's a beauty man, congrats!
Being local maybe see you around one of these days.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #28
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Thanks! I'll try to see if I can find them on the website. It'd be sweet if you could post the part numbers but if not it's alright. At least I know what to look for. It's crazy that a car like this doesn't have an input standard. I was surprised by how good the system sounded then I was equally surprised that nice sound was dedicated to am/fm and cd.
They added an Aux-input as standard in 2007. We 06'ers just missed out.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #29
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Check my sig for instructions and part numbers to install aux-in in the OEM 2007+ spot. Cheaper than the ash-tray version and IMO better location.
      03-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #30
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 30i

Mine didn't have sat either, will probably go the dice route, but for now this is what I use. Works great actually.

http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600...or_the_vehicle
      03-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
bluecobra
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
It's the part that holds the seat belt next to the headrest. The top part of it is missing. It looks like it is something that would pop out or slide out.

-Nate
I had to replace that part on my MCoupe. I got them from Realoem. I had to order the entire piece - the part that bolts onto the seat AND the snap-in part you are missing. My car was missing the snap-in part on both seats. They were around $40 each if I remember. Easy install though, 3 screws on each. If you can't find them on Realoem.com, let me know and I can dig up the receipt with the part number.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #32
fiberguy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Imola Roadster

Glad to see another semi-local '06 Imola M! I've been thru the aux input installation on 2 different Z's. For the last one, I put a splitter into the line so I can flip back and forth between satellite and ipod. If you are ever near RDU, I'll be happy to show you the install.
Appreciate 0