ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

Tekarbon CF Wing Q's

1. How bad do the ends not sit flush?
2. To those of you who've bought recently, do the current ones still not sit flush?
3. Anyone complain about quality of CF or has it began to fade or crack after time?
4. How hard was it to install with the supplied glue?
5. Did anyone use 3m tape to install?

I think that's all I have to ask for now.
      04-02-2011, 05:11 AM   #2
Arxangel
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
I do not know about the Tekarbon wing, but I installed the Original BMW carbon spoiler this week and the ends still do not stay flat on the trunk, there is a gap of around 2-3mm. Can't say about fading and cracking over time, but the weave on the original BMW spoiler is amazing, quality is perfect. I am not sure what kind of glue is supplied with the tekarbon one, but the one that comes with the BMW spoiler is the same as the one used to glue front wind shields, it does take some time to dry (12 hours till the car can move) but when it dries completely in 24+ hours it is stronger than anything. Mine was fixed with duct tape while the glue dried. I know that 3M two sided tape is used for the 6 series spoiler, BUT that one fits perfectly on the trunk and there are no flush ends.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

bump fpr the op, im curious as well. as i bought one, but have not installed yet
Appreciate 0