ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
nobelz
Registered
Rep
Drives: z4

? about clutch, head lights and keyless remote

) I own a 2007 z4 3.0si coupe, it has lil over 26000 mi. cluth is making shuttering sound, I have it looked at, at the dealer since its under warranty. They told me its normal. I have driven several bmw's but i never noticed the shuttering sound.I can hear the sound when im inside the car, parked, and after a long drive when the engine is warm.

Is there a problem with the cluth? or its normal?

2) The head lights set as auto, and i remember reading some where (online) if its set as auto the angel lights are on all the time and the head lights turns on when its dark.
but the angel lights arnt on, i have to turn on the head lights in order to have the angel lights running during the day.
do i need to change the settings?

3) does anyone know how to program a keyless remote to different settings?

Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
GomboRombo
Roadie B4 Roady
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Roadster

If the shuttering disappears when you press on the clutch pedal it is Normal. I’m sure there is a bunch of threads on this forum that explains it if you do a search but it has to do with the springs in the Dual Mass flywheel not having any tension and when the tranny oil warms ups and thins out it tends to rattle.
Hopefully someone can chime in and do a better job of explaining….. or correct me if I'm wrong......
      03-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
nobelz
Registered
Rep

yah, shuttering disappears when i press on the cluth. Does z4 has a different clutch compare to other bmw's? i have driven m3 e36, m5 and 3 series..non of them made a shuttering sound.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
GomboRombo
Roadie B4 Roady
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobelz View Post
yah, shuttering disappears when i press on the cluth. Does z4 has a different clutch compare to other bmw's? i have driven m3 e36, m5 and 3 series..non of them made a shuttering sound.
I really don't know, this is my first bimmer and I was surprised that rattling/shuttering could come from such a vehicle. But I was told that this is common with high performance cars like Porsche.
      03-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
HaiDef
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

dual fly spring clutch whatver its called. Sounds like a spring pulling on a garage door or something.

Your angel eyes need tobe coded to stay on for DLR. I had to get mine done at bmw. While you are there also ask them to code your doors to lock after u drive over 10mph.

remote keys - i didnt know they could do other functions besides unlock doors and oll down windows and open your trunk. What are you trying to do with it?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
nobelz
Registered
Rep

How much did u pay do get the DLR done, and i was also wondering why my car doesnt lock automaticly when im driving, aah i didnt know that need to be programed to..This shit should be already programed..

Im not really trying to do anything with the remote. i was just wondering if there are different setting, someone told me remote can be fob programed for beeping lights, and seat position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdoan86 View Post
dual fly spring clutch whatver its called. Sounds like a spring pulling on a garage door or something.

Your angel eyes need tobe coded to stay on for DLR. I had to get mine done at bmw. While you are there also ask them to code your doors to lock after u drive over 10mph.

remote keys - i didnt know they could do other functions besides unlock doors and oll down windows and open your trunk. What are you trying to do with it?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

both ur car's computer (the bc) and the key remote can be coded at the dealership to accomplish the items tt u're asking about. the bc coding itself will set u back at least $120 or so, which is quite the ripoff since it's simply connecting a cable and clicking on a screen to activate and deactivate various settings. not familiar with the remote key settings but there's a way to have each key memorize seat position and mirror adjustment settings.
Appreciate 0