ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #23
FOUR FLUSHER
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328 Convertable

I'm a proud owner of a "06 Z4M Roadster

Well almost, just need to finalize the paperwork
I'd rate it as a 9.5/10 and that's just because it needs to be detailed
Pics soon
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #24
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting_fish View Post
I'm also curious as to how much you offered. That car was listed at 30 originally, and has come down to about 27. For 30 you could've picked up Roffle's car, although now that the supercharged imola one isn't for sale anymore, maybe you're out of luck

I'm keeping tabs on all the bronze m roadsters
hahah, you're definitely in the loop. I realized that I have enough equity in my loan to just refinance, and get money for a supercharger, so I'm def not selling it now and giving up this rare car
      03-02-2011, 03:35 AM   #25
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.5i Z4 2004

@Four: Can't wait for pics! That roadster had really low miles, so if it's a 9.5 it's going to look amazing once detailed.

@Roffle: with a supercharger that roadster is going to be sick.

I guess I'll live vicariously through you guys until my bronze roadster shows up on the market
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #26
marilynsuzanne
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: shopping

I'm a new member and goin' in I'll tell you that I know almost nothing about cars, let alone BMG's. I saw this car in a Kroger parking lot last week and made the decision that I just had to have one. It was the metallic cocoa color that really did it for me. The lady who was driving it came out as I was admiring the car and strangely, didn't really know what year it was. Maybe it was her BF's or something but she really loved it too...It was a Z4 roadster and looked almost new but she said it wasn't. I called the local dealer to ask about the color and try to pin down what years might have used that color..process of elimination method...but I didn't get too far doing that. Then the internet...I'm going around in circles. Apparently, according to the dealer, there was another metallic cocoa color used at one time...I think he said it was Mustang Brown. Anyway, I'm on the hunt. I know you're going to hate me for my other research question....Does the Z4 come with an automatic transmission? I remember how much laughter that question evoked when I asked about Corvettes having an automatic tranny. It was like NOBODY in their right mind drives a Corvette with an automatic transmission. Sorry, but I don't like having to shift gears a lot. I just know what I like and boy, I really liked that Z4 in that color. I also like the new roadster with the retractable top but I'm pretty sure it would be out of my price-range but maybe when I win the lottery IF it's available in the gorgeous color. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #27
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

^unfortunately, this particular cocoa color u're referring to is called 'sepang bronze metallic', and is an exclusive exterior color to the manual-transmission-only 2006-2008 z4m roadsters and coupes. if u're willing to make comfort sacrifices in terms of shifting a traditional manual transmission, u could possibly find a sepang bronze roadster for sale. unfortunately in this regard, i believe there are less than 50 such examples all across north america.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #28
marilynsuzanne
Registered
United_States
Rep

I am most definitely willing. That was one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen. Thank you for your response. Now I have a better idea of what I'm shopping for. I do, however want to educate myself much more so I'll just hang around here and absorb what I can. I asked the woman who was driving the one that I saw that day how it drove in snow. Being from Michigan, snow is definitely a consideration and there was snow on the ground that day. She said it wasn't a problem...that hers was an AWD vehicle and that she had put snow tires on it, She'd never been stuck but that could've been for several reasons lol. Me...I guess I thought nobody would subject such a beautiful car to snowy streets and roads. Save it for Spring, Summer, Autumn...And whoever heard of snow tires on a sports car? See, I told you. I'm learning. Would you take yours out in the snow?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #29
FerRrari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Catrinel Menghia

Z4s are not AWD.
'07 IR/SBL ///M Roadster (GONE), '08 Tornado Red Triumph Daytona (GONE), '09 BRG/Cloth 6MT MINI Cooper S (Spontaneously Combusted), '06 IR/IR ///M3 Convertible 6MT (GONE), '04 JB/CR Z4 2.5i SMG (GONE)
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #30
marilynsuzanne
Registered
United_States
Rep

Oh swell. Well, she didn't know much about the car then. It was a Z4. I had walked around it looking for the model indication on the car before she came out to it. Ok well. I'm definitely learning something this afternoon. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #31
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

^u most definitely can drive a z4, and a z4m for tt matter, in the snow. it had to pass extensive safety and compliance inspections in those conditions to be sold as a passenger vehicle. however, i personally would not drive it in the snow cos of clearance issues and salt. of course, u're more than free to do whatever it is u please with ur car.
Appreciate 0