ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
TNZ4MC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M coupe

Emissions help

I am running evolve software, euro headers, and euro s-pipe with all o2's and egt hooked up in the proper locations.

After I got my first tune from Sal uploaded I was getting an SES light so he turned down the o2's and I did not get a light. However, my readiness monitors would not reset, even with a drive cycle. There were four codes: 2C93, 29F4, 2E7C, 0000. My mechanic said to try and put as many miles on the car as possible to get the readiness monitors to reset.
Unfortunately that has not worked.

Sal then adjusted the tune and I do not have an SES light after 600 miles or so. But I still have two codes for secondary air and cat readiness.

Could o2 spacers potentially help the issue or are there any other options besides going back to stock header setup?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
DanFromTucson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

This is discouraging to hear since I have an Evolve tune and am currently awaiting SuperSprint Headers/Cats that Evolve is shipping to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
TNZ4MC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Well I have read about numerous people who have not had any issues passing emissions testing with euro header evolve tune combo. I am sure with the proper setup it is possible.

I am wondering if my sensor could be faulty or if there was an error in installation.

Also Salman has been very helpful and responsive with my questions and in making changes with my tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
DanFromTucson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

That's true. Evolve posted in another thread that they usually find this type of issue points to damaged/faulty sensors or an installation issue. Good luck! Hopefully your problem is resolved before I install my headers/cats, but if not I will share my findings.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

I had no issues with Euro headers/cats + evolve. Posted about it here. I don't have the O2s turned down or anything special in my tune, with your O2s relocated you shouldn't need to.

If you are still having codes, I'd suspect the installation. How did you route the O2s to the cats, did you cut through the heat shield? cut and extend the wires? unfold? etc.
      04-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
TNZ4MC
Enlisted Member
Rep

The wires were unfolded to reach the secondary cats. It might be worth ordering euro sensors to be positive they will work properly.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #7
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNZ4MC View Post
The wires were unfolded to reach the secondary cats. It might be worth ordering euro sensors to be positive they will work properly.
Are they routed correctly around the heat shield? Because unfolding by itself doesn't give you enough length, you need to cut into the conduit somewhat. If they did, maybe they nicked the wiring.