ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

OE Tire Load Rating?

Does anyone know what the load ratings is for the Z4M's OE ContiSport Contact M3 tires? XL?
      02-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Car_Girl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 xDrive 5.0i

Go here and look up the match to the tire, then go to the tire size and description on the chart and follow the chart across to the column labeled Load.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/conti/...ntal-tires.jsp
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Prior to posting, I had looked up the tire at Tire Rack already by searching for the OE tire by specific car ('07 Z4M). It no longer came up with the ContiSport Contact M3 as the OE tire; just Pilot Sport 2's.

I guess what I should've asked is if there is any difference between the 'M3' and the regular ContiSport Contact (Ultra High Performance Summer category)? The tread pattern looks the same at least. Are they the same tire just with special branding?
      02-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
Car_Girl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 xDrive 5.0i

They look to be virtually identical in performance and handling on wet and dry pavement but I wouldn't know about branding. It looks like either would be a really good choice. If you end up buying either of them, please post your thoughts on whatever you decide to go with. I'm on the fence if I should go with a new set of all season or drive the treads of the OE tires I still have on the car and go with winter tires next winter. The pocketbook says wait and get winter tires when I need to get rid of the OE tires anyway due to tread wear. I have about 3 seasons left in them (spring, summer, fall) before they need to be replaced. But the other side of me that keeps lurking in these forums wondering what else I can do to my M to customize it has me thinking of getting all kinds of cool stuff from body mods to ride and handling upgrades.

Friday night on the forum. I should get a life, right? Lol!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

They appear to be the same thing. Although they no longer pop up under the 'OE Tire' for the Z4M, if you look up Continental ContiSport Contact and look at the specs, it paranthesizes 'M3' for the 225/45/18 and 255/35/18 sizes. lol...I'm not buying them, though, I'm selling them. Someone on a local forum was inquiring about them but stated his '03 RS6 required XL rated tires. Still, my tires come up in Tire Rack's database as being compatible with his car.

lol....don't feel bad. I found myself at the grocery store after midnight getting...well...groceries. What a way to end an early night out.